Rule changes you'd like to see in the NBA

jhans203

I will comment a bit further when I get to basketball in the 'What I would do if I was commish' series, but to be honest, I agree with those that say that the problems with basketball are not in the rules of the game. I'd agree with the idea that the end of the game needs to be sped up a little, but beyond that the NBA rules are pretty good. In fact if anything I'd like to see FIBA adopt NBA rules across the board, a little bit.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I want to see a rule for fouling big men. I have season tickets to the Magic and each year that i've watched Dwight Howard play it seems the fouls that he draws have become increasingly harder. If these same fouls were drawn on guards they would be considered flagrant calls. I feel like the league is all about the progression of its high scoring guards but cast the big men aside.

Shaq, Amare, Dwight, KG, and others are constantly pounded because of their size. I would like the NBA to treat these fouls like they do on breakaway fouls that they implemented a few years back, where a player gets one shot and the ball back. I want the rule to make it where if you have a Center/PF who is going up for a inside shot/dunk attempt and gets wrapped up around the shoulders to get his two free throws as well as the ball back, or on a and-one play the one shot and ball back. One example was Dwight against the Nets this past Friday where he went up for a shot and was forcefully grabbed around the shoulder and had to miss some game time getting evaluated, only to let it happen again two nights later in Toronto. If these same fouls occured against Kobe, Wade, Lebron, etc. it would have been a flagrant foul. The NBA has to do a better job of protecting their big men and not penalize them for their brute strength and size.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Here is an idea that is LONG OVERDUE!!!!!

Thirty (30) Second Shot Clock and a Fifteen Minute Period. If the The NFL And NHL has regulation play for 60 Minutes, then the same should be had by the NBA!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

I don't really follow the NBA that closely these days but back when I did I can't recall having a problem with any of the rules. Unless something has changed drastically since the mid-90's I don't think there is a thing I'd change about it. Maybe make the ball more colorful so it's easier to follow on TV. Other than that I think they've got it right.

Unfortunately, this is the case. The drastic change is it's not the mid-'90s anymore.

And thank God. Mid 90's NBA basketball sucked.

BB52Big.jpg

Thirty (30) Second Shot Clock and a Fifteen Minute Period. If the The NFL And NHL has regulation play for 60 Minutes, then the same should be had by the NBA!

NoHoJoe, I just replied to a stupid post of yours in the dumb baseball thread, and I've been kind of taking notes on your performance elsewhere as well. Here's what you should do. Before you hit the "post" button, ask yourself "is what I'm saying completely stupid and unrealistic?" If the answer is yes, don't post it. If the answer is no, you're lying, don't post it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Arena basketball, maybe?

Ice-rink sized court, glass and boards up, backboard hanging somewhere in front of where the hockey goal line would be. Put the ball in play from behind the goal line, but once the ball is live, you can play it anywhere.

On-the-fly player changes and 15 minute quarters. Five to a side, no substitutions after committing a foul or delaying the game. One time-out for each team, per game.

Three-point line at FIBA regulations (20'6"), and a 4-point line at 30'9".

That should make the NBA more interesting.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

NoHoJoe, I just replied to a stupid post of yours in the dumb baseball thread, and I've been kind of taking notes on your performance elsewhere as well. Here's what you should do. Before you hit the "post" button, ask yourself "is what I'm saying completely stupid and unrealistic?" If the answer is yes, don't post it. If the answer is no, you're lying, don't post it.

Hey, at least he's finally posting something other than stupid cryptic trivia questions.

EDIT: I just went to the other thread and read the aforementioned baseball posts. On second thought, maybe he should stick to the stupid cryptic trivia threads.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived