OSU alts

dmhtfld

I went to OSU and live in Columbus and NEVER thought The Ohio State University would every take the field in jerseys like these. People flipped out a few years ago when the gray stripes were dropped form the home jersey sleeves. Heads are going to roll when these debut! We just went from classic to Oregon...sadness.

I also went to Ohio State and I've probably been a fan longer than you've been alive. The reason people "flipped out" over the last jersey change was because it didn't look as good as the one it replaced. These throwbacks are a one shot deal against Michigan. I really don't think that qualifies as "going from classic to Oregon." I like the look of the throwbacks and I have no problem with them. It's a money grab. Relax.

And for the record, look up any pics from the Cris Carter era and you'll see that our current "new jerseys" aren't in fact new at all. What they are is an updated version of the same jerseys the Buckeyes wore in the mid 80's. So technically, Ohio State has been wearing "throwbacks" for the past few years.

I'd think an actual alum would know this stuff. And seriously, if you're going to tout the fact that you went to Ohio State would you at least make an effort to improve your writing skills?

Congratulations on being old and being a grammar monitor on a message board. Good luck in your future endeavors as a computer jockey. These are being touted as a shot deal in case there is back lash from fans. You are such a pu**y is makes me sick. You wouldn't have the guts to say anything to my face.

Go away, jackass

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to OSU and live in Columbus and NEVER thought The Ohio State University would every take the field in jerseys like these. People flipped out a few years ago when the gray stripes were dropped form the home jersey sleeves. Heads are going to roll when these debut! We just went from classic to Oregon...sadness.

I also went to Ohio State and I've probably been a fan longer than you've been alive. The reason people "flipped out" over the last jersey change was because it didn't look as good as the one it replaced. These throwbacks are a one shot deal against Michigan. I really don't think that qualifies as "going from classic to Oregon." I like the look of the throwbacks and I have no problem with them. It's a money grab. Relax.

And for the record, look up any pics from the Cris Carter era and you'll see that our current "new jerseys" aren't in fact new at all. What they are is an updated version of the same jerseys the Buckeyes wore in the mid 80's. So technically, Ohio State has been wearing "throwbacks" for the past few years.

I'd think an actual alum would know this stuff. And seriously, if you're going to tout the fact that you went to Ohio State would you at least make an effort to improve your writing skills?

Congratulations on being old and being a grammar monitor on a message board. Good luck in your future endeavors as a computer jockey. These are being touted as a shot deal in case there is back lash from fans. You are such a pu**y is makes me sick. You wouldn't have the guts to say anything to my face.

Go away, jackass

How am I the jackass? I state my opinion on here like everyone else does and some computer nerd jumps down my throat? I didn't start anything but have no problem finishing.

Go away, jackass

How am I the jackass? I state my opinion on here like everyone else does and some computer nerd jumps down my throat? I didn't start anything but have no problem finishing.

As a Wisconsin Badger all I have to say is: Yes, yes, fight amongst yourselves.

Seriously though guys, nobody has ever won an interwebs fight, it's just not worth it.

Go away, jackass

He disagreed with your opinion and made an (admittedly snarky) comment about your spelling. You called him a ps**y, said he made you sick, and implied you'd beat him up if he said that to your face. In my opinion, you overreacted in a huge way. (Which I probably also did by calling you a jackass. My appologies.) As an aside, you will have a big problem "finishing", because, as has been pointed out, there's no winner in an internet dust-up.

Actually I would but that's beside the point.

On topic, I don't think we have anything to worry about. The Buckeyes aren't going to make any drastic changes to their uniforms.

BB52Big.jpg

Go away, jackass

As a Wisconsin Badger all I have to say is: Yes, yes, fight amongst yourselves.

Seriously though guys, nobody has ever won an interwebs fight, it's just not worth it.

This argument has shown everyone what Suckeye fans are really like. Unlike most fans who stick together and root for their team they have pointless fights against each other. Hey next can you guys fight about dotting the "i" or who should start qb? It makes me glad I'm 2hrs north of these people.

as always...OSUcks

wow, Ohioans really are as annoying as my brother (who goes to school in Dayton) says they are.

I guess when you have nothing to do but watch football or stare at the flat and boring landscape it's easier to get into enraged arguments with people you do not even know through the interweb.

Actually I would but that's beside the point.

On topic, I don't think we have anything to worry about. The Buckeyes aren't going to make any drastic changes to their uniforms.

Heck, infrared isn't scared of no man. He'd tell Michael Strahan to get his big black butt into the orthodontist for once and he'd have no problem walking up to Mike Tyson and asking him why he let kids draw on his face with a Sharpie.

wow, Ohioans really are as annoying as my brother (who goes to school in Dayton) says they are.

I guess when you have nothing to do but watch football or stare at the flat and boring landscape it's easier to get into enraged arguments with people you do not even know through the interweb.

It's not like Dayton, Ohio is our shining beacon of what represents the state as a whole. Going to Dayton and thinking you have a grasp on Ohio as a whole is like going to Sacramento and thinking you know about California. It's a large state with a lot of people, and it's just as segmented as anywhere else.

I'd like to ask you to form an opinion on your own without your brother or through the internet. If I based my opinion on cities or states or provinces on what I read from the CCSLC then I'd think that Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs fans are really annoying, but the few I've met in person have been really nice.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Heck, infrared isn't scared of no man. He'd tell Michael Strahan to get his big black butt into the orthodontist for once and he'd have no problem walking up to Mike Tyson and asking him why he let kids draw on his face with a Sharpie.

PostoftheDay.png

And if you disagree, I will box you. (Since making threats is en vogue in this thread. :P)

PostoftheDay.png

And if you disagree, I will box you. (Since making threats is en vogue in this thread. :P)

I think Oddball is getting a little carried away. Does this mean we have to box? :D

BB52Big.jpg

This argument has shown everyone what Suckeye fans are really like. Unlike most fans who stick together and root for their team they have pointless fights against each other. Hey next can you guys fight about dotting the "i" or who should start qb? It makes me glad I'm 2hrs north of these people.

as always...OSUcks

Wow. You are a real intellectual. Way to put some thought into a post. We're all exactly alike. Ouch. How will we ever recover from that scathing indictment? "Suckeye" fans? Did you think of that one all by yourself? That's pretty witty and original chief. It's almost as original as "OSUcks." Seriously, is that the best you can do? I'd think living in a state where no one has a job would allow you more time to be creative. Then again, we shouldn't expect too much from anyone who is a product of the Michigan education system. The fact that you can write a sentence is impressive enough. None of it was funny or particularly insulting to Ohio but hey, at least you're trying. Now when you get home from the unemployment office why don't you take some time and do a google search so you can steal something that's a little more interesting than "Suckeyes" or "OSUcks."

Or something like that... :D

How am I from Michigan? I've never been there in my life. Believe it or not Akron, last time I checked is actually in OHIO.

OSUcks

I miss the days when this thread was about tOSU's Nike Combat alts :(

are you saying intelligence, personal lives, unemployment, and geography are not good topics? haha. But I think that OhioState's alts are probably the most disappointing out of the ones unveiled so far. I just don't like the dark grey pants and shoulders, the helmet and design is cool, but i think the grey should just be lightened

as always...OSUcks

Wow. You are a real intellectual. Way to put some thought into a post. We're all exactly alike. Ouch. How will we ever recover from that scathing indictment? "Suckeye" fans? Did you think of that one all by yourself? That's pretty witty and original chief. It's almost as original as "OSUcks." Seriously, is that the best you can do? I'd think living in a state where no one has a job would allow you more time to be creative. Then again, we shouldn't expect too much from anyone who is a product of the Michigan education system. The fact that you can write a sentence is impressive enough. None of it was funny or particularly insulting to Ohio but hey, at least you're trying. Now when you get home from the unemployment office why don't you take some time and do a google search so you can steal something that's a little more interesting than "Suckeyes" or "OSUcks."

Or something like that... :D

How am I from Michigan? I've never been there in my life. Believe it or not Akron, last time I checked is actually in OHIO.

OSUcks

I guess I just assumed you were from Michigan. The funny thing is I almost wrote that two hours north of us would be Toledo. Go Zips I guess. And Suckeye and OSUcks are still pretty stupid.

BB52Big.jpg

Despite the fact that I did egg things on with the ribbon...true. Honestly, everybody needs to drop whatever qualms they have, whether it be infighting between Buckeye fans or infighting between Ohioans or people like me instigating, everybody just needs to chill out. Woo-sah or whatever.

So yeah...aside from a few, the general consensus is that these won't look THAT bad, right?

Despite the fact that I did egg things on with the ribbon...true. Honestly, everybody needs to drop whatever qualms they have, whether it be infighting between Buckeye fans or infighting between Ohioans or people like me instigating, everybody just needs to chill out. Woo-sah or whatever.

So yeah...aside from a few, the general consensus is that these won't look THAT bad, right?

I think they're going to be better than people think.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived