ECU's midfield logo tonight vs. Virginia Tech

Privateer

Impressed. Execution is a little off, but not much more could be done. Very nice.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the helmets as well

is it me or does ECU's helmets/jrsy/pants look blue?

I thought they were a deep purple

They were purple. They probably just looked weird because it was a night game, and purple is one of those colors that can do crazy things under artificial lighting conditions.

The helmets did look good. All they need to do is flip the logo on the right side of the helmet so that it faces forward, and they'd have a good look to go with full-time.

i work there and one of my office's student workers said earlier today that he had heard that there was some buzz about them breaking out either black jerseys or black pants in addition to the new helmet logo......but unfortunately they went with the all purple......one they have become quite fond of over the last several years. I wish they would work some gold pants into the rotation, esp. when on the road.

The helmets were fantastic. So much better than the ECU monogram. The midfield logo was a very nice idea that didn't really turn out that well in reality. I'm glad they tried it for one nationally televised game, but I think the helmet logo from last night should go at midfield by itself.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

pirates.png

Awesome. I hope they switch to these full time, they're so much better than the ECU logos

Am I the only one who sees that that thing is facing backwards? If that Nike visor means Nike outfits ECU, then with all the $$$ they're pouring into the Pro Combat SoD's, I KNOW they can afford to flip that logo around on that side of the helmet.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

pirates.png

Awesome. I hope they switch to these full time, they're so much better than the ECU logos

Am I the only one who sees that that thing is facing backwards? If that Nike visor means Nike outfits ECU, then with all the $$$ they're pouring into the Pro Combat SoD's, I KNOW they can afford to flip that logo around on that side of the helmet.

It doesn't bother me that much. Normally I'm like you and need the logo to face forward. But because of the symmetry of the crossbones and the fact that the skull is barely in 3/4th profile, I hardly noticed.

The helmets did look good. All they need to do is flip the logo on the right side of the helmet so that it faces forward, and they'd have a good look to go with full-time.

Am I the only one who sees that that thing is facing backwards?

Yep.

pirates.png

Okay, that's clearly purple, but a couple times it did appear a bit more blue to my eyes. However, the logo on the field always looked purple to me.

And add me to the list of folk who would like to see them switch to this full-time and forever. If nothing else, it would help get rid of that nasty ass "Pirate Keg" font.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

pirates.png

I'm pretty sure nike isn't incharge of the helmets, they are probably stickers provided by the athletics department or Schutt/Riddell

One of the best midfield logos ever. They should make the switch to those helmets immediately.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived