Strange But True Sports Facts

leopard88

I think someone started something like this a while back, but I didn't feel like searching. In any event, I thought it might be fun to post some facts that, with the benefit of hindsight, seem hard to believe. I'll start with the one that inspired the thread.

-- Derek Anderson played in the Pro Bowl in February 2008.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think someone started something like this a while back, but I didn't feel like searching. In any event, I thought it might be fun to post some facts that, with the benefit of hindsight, seem hard to believe. I'll start with the one that inspired the thread.

In 2005, Bobby Abreu won a gold glove.

Am I doing this right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In 2005, Bobby Abreu won a gold glove.

Am I doing this right?

Perfect.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Johnny Damon and Eric Hinske are the only two players ever to win a World Series with the Yankees and Red Sox...

False.

Babe Ruth is one name that pops into mind...and that's just off the top of my head.

In fact he won THREE with Boston and FOUR with the Yankees (He lost 3 w/ the Yanks too).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Johnny Damon and Eric Hinske are the only two players ever to win a World Series with the Yankees and Red Sox...

False.

Babe Ruth is one name that pops into mind...and that's just off the top of my head.

In fact he won THREE with Boston and FOUR with the Yankees (He lost 3 w/ the Yanks too).

You are correct, add the Babe to that list...and actually what I heard wasn't true, the list also includes:

Joe Bush, Sam Jones, Ramiro Mendoza, and Everette Scott...

Apparently what I heard was from the 04/09' Championships now tha tI think about it...

False.

You are correct, add the Babe to that list...

Add: Joe Bush, Sam Jones, and Carl Mays

Archived