Girl Gone Wild

Jimmy!

I understand that there's a whole lot of action to watch, and that some of these could have been missed on the pitch. But all of them? She should have been booked immediately.

Even if they didn't see it, she should have been given a yellow after the hair pull. What, did they ask Lambert about it and she lied? Or did nobody ask why there was a player down on the pitch sobbing?

In this case, a yellow card for intent to injure is not sufficient. Get her off the field, ASAP!

I was giving her the most generous benefit of the doubt possible. If they didn't see the hair pull, then they might not have been comfortable giving her a red. Hard to judge intent after the fact. But there's no excuse for not at least bringing out the yellow, and then watching her closely for the rest of the match.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey...the girl knew how to get herself on TV, that's for sure.

You think Urban Meyer would have suspended her for that?

Game, Set and Match

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

I was giving her the most generous benefit of the doubt possible. If they didn't see the hair pull, then they might not have been comfortable giving her a red. Hard to judge intent after the fact. But there's no excuse for not at least bringing out the yellow, and then watching her for the rest of the match.

Fair enough. Though I believe none of the posters here were present at the match to see the events unfold itself, we can only theorize on how to have handled the situation based on the replays.

That's why I was trying to be generous. We can't know what they may or may not have seen, but I would expect a sobbing girl lying on the pitch to at least draw notice.

Then again, perhaps the highlights were presented out of order? Still doesn't help - if she had previously been given a yellow, then that should have escalated it to a red.

I can't explain why she wasn't booked. That's troubling.

Suspended indefinitely? That is extreme.

Question: If this same exact stuff went on during a Men's soccer match between these two schools would it be a national story? I don't think so.

Should she have received a red card and gotten tossed from the game? Yes.

Should she have been suspended for one game as a result of what should have been a red card? Perhaps, I don't know the rules regarding suspensions for red cards.

Suspended indefinitely and barred from taken part in all team activity (such as practices)? No, that is extreme.

Question: If this same exact stuff went on during a Men's soccer match between these two schools would it be a national story? I don't think so.

Better yet, if the entire affair hadn't been caught on TV do you think the coach would have said a word about it? Or ESPN? Anyone for that matter? I firmly believe that the sole reason she faced any type of disciplinary action is because there was video evidence of it. Sorry, but coaches aren't that noble nor are they that concerned about this type of thing unless they have no other choice than to address it. Take away the cameras and nothing happens.

Finally, why the hell didn't three of four BYU players kick the :censored: out of her after, I don't know, maybe the third cheap shot? Soccer is weird.

BB52Big.jpg

Finally, why the hell didn't three of four BYU players kick the :censored: out of her after, I don't know, maybe the third cheap shot? Soccer is weird.

Because, like in most sports, cooler heads prevail in soccer. Remember this?

zidane_headbutt.jpg

If you're in a soccer game and you see that your opponent is slowly losing control of his emotions, you flat out exploit it. You elbow, kick, trip, punch, knock down, step on, cuss out, do whatever it takes to make him snap... Now normally, referees would catch retaliation like that New Mexico player exhibited, but these refs must have been extremely incompetent.

what network is so censored.gif-ing desperate that they need to televise a women's soccer game between BYU and New Mexico?

The Mountain West Sports Network. Yes, the Mountain West has a sports network. It's the cable television equivalent of a shop that only sells used socks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Better yet, if the entire affair hadn't been caught on TV do you think the coach would have said a word about it? Or ESPN? Anyone for that matter? I firmly believe that the sole reason she faced any type of disciplinary action is because there was video evidence of it. Sorry, but coaches aren't that noble nor are they that concerned about this type of thing unless they have no other choice than to address it. Take away the cameras and nothing happens.

To add to that...I also believe that this incident--er, these incidents--happening right behind the whole Brandon Spikes thing and the media backlash from that also led to such swift action being taken.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

zidane_headbutt.jpg

No. In the interest of full disclosure, watching the video and my two posts in this thread are the most time I've ever spent paying attention to soccer.

BB52Big.jpg

zidane_headbutt.jpg

No. In the interest of full disclosure, watching the video and my two posts in this thread are the most time I've ever spent paying attention to soccer.

This happened in the World Cup Final (the biggest soccer game in the world). France ended up losing on penalties and Zidane was their best PK kicker.

One of the most bizarre moments in sports.

Why the hell didn't three of four BYU players kick the :censored: out of her after, I don't know, maybe the third cheap shot? Soccer is weird.

They're Mormons?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Why the hell didn't three of four BYU players kick the :censored: out of her after, I don't know, maybe the third cheap shot? Soccer is weird.

They're Mormons?

Considering that one of the "actions" was a retaliation to a BYU player elbowing her, I would say that has little or nothing to do with it. :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived