Sabres wearing road jerseys at home.

Top Shelf

The NHL should allow and encourage both opponents to wear dark sweaters in game more often. As long as they aren't similar colours or darker shades that don't contrast well on TV, it would work well and better the viewing experience. Most people associate the darker sweaters with their teams and they sell better anyways. The league has in fact done this a few times in the recent past with original six teams such as the Habs vs the Rangers or Leafs and it looked absolutely fabulous on TV.

The easiest way to implement this would be to reverse the current dark/home light/road system in place. The visiting team would wear their regular dark uniform and the home team would dress in one of their dark uniforms wherever possible and wear their whites when needed.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The NHL should allow and encourage both opponents to wear dark sweaters in game more often. As long as they aren't similar colours or darker shades that don't contrast well on TV, it would work well and better the viewing experience. Most people associate the darker sweaters with their teams and they sell better anyways. The league has in fact done this a few times in the recent past with original six teams such as the Habs vs the Rangers or Leafs and it looked absolutely fabulous on TV.

The easiest way to implement this would be to reverse the current dark/home light/road system in place. The visiting team would wear their regular dark uniform and the home team would dress in one of their dark uniforms wherever possible and wear their whites when needed.

This could work if done right. At a recent Lancers game I went to, the Lancers were in orange and the other team in black. In the USHL the home team wears white, so I guess scince orange and black are different enough, it is allowed. We could see the Flyers in orange against say the Pens in black.

Like the way it is done in soccer. Instead of home, away, and alt shirts it is home, clash, and alt shirts. You always wear the home shirt unless the other team's shirt is similar enough that the clash is necessary, then alternates are saved for special games, usually at home. This would work great for the NHL I think.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Nice, I like seeing Flyers in white at home. I wish theyd go back to it....And you couldnt have Flyers orange against Pens black, same color helmets.

The American national team wears white helmets when their opposition does and they don't have a problem. Sweden wears blue helmets when their opposition does as well. I don't see why you couldn't have both teams wear black helmets if the sweaters are very different colours. Orange, red, or yellow would strongly contrast against black or blue.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Nice, I like seeing Flyers in white at home. I wish theyd go back to it....And you couldnt have Flyers orange against Pens black, same color helmets.

The American national team wears white helmets when their opposition does and they don't have a problem. Sweden wears blue helmets when their opposition does as well. I don't see why you couldn't have both teams wear black helmets if the sweaters are very different colours. Orange, red, or yellow would strongly contrast against black or blue.

Or the Flyers could wear the white helmets with the orange unis...

It's not a problem when 2 NFL teams have white helmets or red helmets and so on...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I like the dark sweaters at home. Always did. Loved it when they did it for the second half of the 75th season. Glad they made the switch back to the darks at home.

Buffalo, stop screwing up the system, please. :P;)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think every team should wear white at home except the Canadiens, because the rouge/blanc/bleu is so iconic that it should be worn all the time. Their whites have always been kinda mismatched and dumpy. I'd be fine with a little bit of color-v-color. The Maple Leafs and Red Wings, for example, could pull it off except that

1) both of their white sweaters are vastly superior

2) the league retardedly realigned the Maple Leafs out of playing the Red Wings more than once every lunar eclipse

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think every team should wear white at home except the Canadiens, because the rouge/blanc/bleu is so iconic that it should be worn all the time. Their whites have always been kinda mismatched and dumpy. I'd be fine with a little bit of color-v-color. The Maple Leafs and Red Wings, for example, could pull it off except that

1) both of their white sweaters are vastly superior

2) the league retardedly realigned the Maple Leafs out of playing the Red Wings more than once every lunar eclipse

I agree with you about red vs blue for Leafs/Wings games... in the meantime I'll just select those uniforms whenever they play each other in NHL10. The Leafs, however, requested the move to the East so they could play the Canadiens more often - the Red Wings will probably move over to the East one day too.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Part of BBTV's 12-mile jogging route wraps around the Philadelphia Museum of Art. While jogging around it this morning, he saw the usual assortment of tourists taking pictures of the skyline, of the museum, of the Rocky statue, etc. He also saw a group of tourists in navy Sabres alt jerseys taking pictures... and one of them took a picture of him as he was jogging by. Guess they don't see too many people running in Buffalo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Part of BBTV's 12-mile jogging route wraps around the Philadelphia Museum of Art. While jogging around it this morning, he saw the usual assortment of tourists taking pictures of the skyline, of the museum, of the Rocky statue, etc. He also saw a group of tourists in navy Sabres alt jerseys taking pictures... and one of them took a picture of him as he was jogging by. Guess they don't see too many people running in Buffalo.

That's interesting. Travel and Leisure magazine rated Philadelphia as the least active city three years in a row. Philadelphia was also found to be among the least stylish, least friendly, least worldly and comprised of the least attractive people.

DEATH TO REEBOK

That's interesting. Travel and Leisure magazine rated Philadelphia as the least active city three years in a row. Philadelphia was also found to be among the least stylish, least friendly, least worldly and comprised of the least attractive people.

Travel and Leisure clearly limited their sampling to North East Philly. If that's the case, I can't disagree with them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived