Nike Pro Combat Teams

BamaHater

Here's the press release from Miami:

UM FOOTBALL TO WEAR NIKE'S LATEST UNIFORM

Article features a little video towards the end.

I like the uniform overall. I'm actually surprised it's as 'plain' I guess you could say compared to some of the other pro combat sets, especially for Miami based on some of the previous uniforms Nike has put my alma mater in.

WOW! That Miami helmet is WAY different! :grin:

StadiumSig.gif

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the press release from Miami:

UM FOOTBALL TO WEAR NIKE'S LATEST UNIFORM

Article features a little video towards the end.

I like the uniform overall. I'm actually surprised it's as 'plain' I guess you could say compared to some of the other pro combat sets, especially for Miami based on some of the previous uniforms Nike has put my alma mater in.

WOW! That Miami helmet is WAY different! :grin:

Hey, did anyone notice that in the article it says 11 teams are getting pro-combat jerseys, and they include Clemson. But in the nike promotional picutre there are only ten teams and I've seen no other mention of Clemson being involved.

As was alluded to in other posts, Oregon IS using jerseys a system of dress with the Pro Combat cut and fabrics. I'd assume they also have the PC base layers and other stuff. I don't know if they have that flywire stitching in the shoulders, because that is where the wings are. It might be there and just not be in a contrasting color. I also haven't seen any cool 'O' gloves being worn by the players.

They don't have that shield logo at the base of the collar however, so I don't think they are technically in the "Pro Combat" group that NIKE is promoting right now.

My guess is that NIKE used Oregon as their test dummy for Pro Combat when they trotted out the all black w/ wings look against Arizona last year and then spent the next 12 months tweaking, perfecting, and designing the looks for the other schools. Maybe the shoulder stitching is something that what was added later (after Oregon's unis were designed/produced).

Off topic, anyone else wish that USC had been in the pro combat uni group? Maybe instead of those ungrateful Sooners. I would have love to see what NIKE would come up with for them.

I'm imagining gloves with the "Sportscenter SC" logo spread across the palms and "Now broadcasting form L.A." on the inside of the collar.

Off topic, anyone else wish that USC had been in the pro combat uni group? Maybe instead of those ungrateful Sooners. I would have love to see what NIKE would come up with for them.

I'm imagining gloves with the "Sportscenter SC" logo spread across the palms and "Now broadcasting form L.A." on the inside of the collar.

Pete Carrol declined to have USC participate.

That's not surprising for him, he sent back black jerseys that Nike shipped to them a couple of years ago.

ok so first we heard 10 teams were involved in the project..now we hear 11 with Clemson joining the party..anyone else think there will actually be 12 teams involved? if you go to the pro combat site, there are 12 squares so it leads me to believe they will have 12 teams..correct?

http://procombat.nikemedia.com/teams.html

yeah i think it will most likely be oregon

Archived