Nike Pro Combat Teams

BamaHater

Aren't you dead, or supposedly suffering from a million-degree fever?

He's delirious from that 104.8 degree fever. Frankly, I'm surprised he's still lucid enough to post anything. He should be on the verge of permanent brain damage. Then again, how would we know the difference?

On the Buckeyes uniforms; I thought they were OK. The thing I like best about throwbacks is that in a lot of cases they are a vast improvement over the current look. That was not the case with Ohio State. The pants were the best part of the uniform. The jerseys were average and the helmets just didn't work for me. If they insist on doing this again I'd like to see how that set looks with the current helmet.

Ohio State has one of the best uniforms in college football, why mess with it? Let's stick with the current set and leave throwbacks for the teams that actually need them.

105 degrees isn't brain damage temperature..

Uh I am pretty sure it is. Or my RN girlfriend who works in an emergency room is feeding me a line of BS. My guess is you're exaggerating. If you really had a fever of 105 the last thing you'd be doing is hanging around here. I've always wondered why so many people insist on making their illness seem worse than it actually is. A fever of 100 turns into a fever of 103 etc.

But hey you don't have to believe me. Here's what the Cleveland Clinic (a fairly reputable medical facility) says about a fever of 105...

"Any fever that goes above 105 degrees Fahrenheit is a life-threatening medical emergency and 9-1-1 should be called."

Padding your fever stats isn't going to impress anyone.

Its easier than post padding!

or

Fever padding... Its the new post padding.

Take your pick.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what ohio state needs to do is go back to the original vertical stripes on the jerseys before they changed it up

once agian, Phil Knight tarnishing great uniforms, those unis were terrible, they mae Oregon look like Notre Dame by comparison.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Okay, I know these replies are late and irrelevant, but...

Really Nike? Beast mode? Why does my team get the worst slogan haha?

They ARE the worst team on the list.. but it's still lame.

Lame? LAME?! The only way that could possibly get any cooler is if they actually get Tigertron as their mascot for the game!

300px-Tigatron-takaraprofile.jpg

Reminds me of a transformer

That's because it is a Transformer. From the Beast Wars era. They called their animal forms "beast mode."

Wait, is that an actual hurricane on Miami's undershirt?

OK, that's kind of cool.

Can't wait to see the storm troopers take the field. Those uniforms put me to sleep.

Haha, Storm Troopers.

what ohio state needs to do is go back to the original vertical stripes on the jerseys before they changed it up

once agian, Phil Knight tarnishing great uniforms, those unis were terrible, they mae Oregon look like Notre Dame by comparison.

Actually, if you are old enough, or have watched ESPN Classic, you would know that the striping on the Ohio State sleeves over the past couple years, was actually worn in about 1979-1980.

He's delirious from that 104.8 degree fever. Frankly, I'm surprised he's still lucid enough to post anything. He should be on the verge of permanent brain damage. Then again, how would we know the difference?

On the Buckeyes uniforms; I thought they were OK. The thing I like best about throwbacks is that in a lot of cases they are a vast improvement over the current look. That was not the case with Ohio State. The pants were the best part of the uniform. The jerseys were average and the helmets just didn't work for me. If they insist on doing this again I'd like to see how that set looks with the current helmet.

Ohio State has one of the best uniforms in college football, why mess with it? Let's stick with the current set and leave throwbacks for the teams that actually need them.

Uh I am pretty sure it is. Or my RN girlfriend who works in an emergency room is feeding me a line of BS. My guess is you're exaggerating. If you really had a fever of 105 the last thing you'd be doing is hanging around here. I've always wondered why so many people insist on making their illness seem worse than it actually is. A fever of 100 turns into a fever of 103 etc.

But hey you don't have to believe me. Here's what the Cleveland Clinic (a fairly reputable medical facility) says about a fever of 105...

"Any fever that goes above 105 degrees Fahrenheit is a life-threatening medical emergency and 9-1-1 should be called."

quoted for truth. 3 or 4 years ago i had a 105 degree fever and i had to be rushed to the hospital almost immediately. i wasn't online posting on a sports logo board, i was in a hospital bed praying to god i wasnt' going to die. though i wish it did kill me, because im still dealing with that medical bill.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

quoted for truth. 3 or 4 years ago i had a 105 degree fever and i had to be rushed to the hospital almost immediately. i wasn't online posting on a sports logo board, i was in a hospital bed praying to god i wasnt' going to die. though i wish it did kill me, because im still dealing with that medical bill.

I don't see why people need to exaggerate the cost of their medical bills. You really wish you would have died? Hmm, highly unlikely. If I were you I'd be busy paying off those bills instead if posting on a sports logo forum.

Padding your medical bill stats isn't going to impress anyone.

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

I don't see why people need to exaggerate the cost of their medical bills. You really wish you would have died? Hmm, highly unlikely. If I were you I'd be busy paying off those bills instead if posting on a sports logo forum.

Padding your medical bill stats isn't going to impress anyone.

I'm just going to give you a gigantic fail on that.

Is this Nike's way of telling UF to sh** on the rest of the college football world??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

OSU's uniforms didn't look nearly as good in action as I figured it would. Pretty big disappointment.

OU on the other hand looked pretty nice. Too bad the play didn't match my opinion of their uniforms.

Before I sift through 13 pages, my main question is...what is the point of these unis? They are very ugly. It is Nike's attempt to force something upon the public (like the one-different color sleeve jersey). If the material is so great, then just make the current uni with it and call it a day. What does me, the sports fan, really care about lightweight sweat absorbing football pants? While I think the Hurricane "U" gloves are cool, should I buy a pair and wear them to work? Would a high school kid get them? And I just looked at the Canes and their half-colored numbers with a white outline on a white jersey with white pants and no stripes. It looks lame. Also, what is the point about a slogan on the inside of the collar?

I just don't get this stuff. Save your "innovations" for Oregon Nike.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived