New Unis

CC97

CC97 Posted: Apr 7 2004, 10:05 AM

QUOTE (joel_fiasco @ Apr 7 2004, 09:18 AM)

best new look of the year.....

baby, that's the look of victory!

Ahem

Hhmmm, 7-0 and 7-3? Somebody's a tad jealous..... :P

Don't forget 6-3 today! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: swept by the Tigers at home.... sigh

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also just had a horrible thought: Padres road alternates; navy jerseys with gold pants. Now if only I knew how to do the vomiting smiley....

Today's your lucky day!

LAD103040723_lower.jpg

As for me, I kinda like it.

Reverse the cap (khaki/gold or whatever you want to call it with a blue SD) and you'd have the baseball equivalent of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I noticed watching highlights of the 'Stros/Giants game today (which was a day game) that the 'Stros had on their pinstriped uniforms, whereas they used to wear those solid white unis with red script for day games. Guess they ditched 'em, which I think is a smart move; they were pretty pointless and they had way too many jerseys. and yes, The Rocket dominated Mr. Steroids. 10-1 baby. B)

I like the Padres all sand jerseys but I'd be happier if they took that San Diego script and colored it sand, and put it on those Navy tops. That would be sweet as a regular road uniform vs. all sand. OR make the sand unis more tan than sand. Similar to the old 1969 road uniforms.

If the Jays wore their blue caps on their home unis I'd like them much better.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Hello again...

I had to weigh in on this issue, because I truly feel the Padres have made the best redesign in years. Capitalizing on the way the Giants broke out of the white/gray rule, the Padres have finally created a memorable and distinctive visual identity. I will concede that the khaki was stronger than I had expected, but the way that the khaki and navy are used on the logo and helmet, makes for a thing of beauty. The San Diego word mark is at once traditional and inventive. Isn't that what a logo is supposed to be?

Welcome, again. ^_^

I agree with you for the most part. Although I'm not sold on the all sand look, I like the fact that it isn't gray, and I really like what they did with the logos.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I hate to rain on your parade Grandmaster C, but basically every damn team in the playoffs uses white towels with their fans..... :hockeysmiley:

Are we talking hockey playoffs? If so then white towels are especially used in Ottawa where they will use them to wipe their tears after the Leafs' beat them. Then Leaf fans wear them to wipe their tears after not winning the Cup again. :D

Then all Canadians will use them to wipe their tears once they find out a sunbelt team is in the Cup final.

I saw, I came, I left.

today in LI Newsday, someone wrote that the Mets Shea Stadium patch so so ugly and it shouldnt be on there uniform. just a little FYI

i like the padres update, its awesome. i dont like the jays update. stick with one color hat. its jjust like the Mets with having 5(prob more) dif uniforms.

untitled-1.png

Padres Road Uni's- Look like they burned in the dryer.

Marlins Home Uni's- Like the spaced numerals.

Jays Uni's- Makes me not need glasses to see the names and numbers.

Orioles Home Uni's- Will miss seeing black piping on jersey, really liked it.

Royals Solid Blue Uni's- Really black in color scheme, made them not look so plain.

By the way, are the Mariners still wearing that alternate jersey that had the D-Backs style numbering on it this year. I really liked. It would really look good with a slightly revised Mariners logo, just freshened up a little.

Sorry to bore you guys.

By the way, are the Mariners still wearing that alternate jersey that had the D-Backs style numbering on it this year. I really liked. It would really look good with a slightly revised Mariners logo, just freshened up a little.

It is still listed as an alternate, and we are still selling them in the Team Stores. Of course, the Mariners do have a habit of not wearing alternates very much, but I bet we will see them at least a couple times again this year.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Jays Uni's- Makes me not need glasses to see the names and numbers.

The bigness of the name on the Jays' latest redesign harkens back to the days when the Cincinnati Reds and Detroit Tigers would have larger-than-normal names on their backs.

worldseries_redsB.jpg

fielder90si-1.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived