New Unis

CC97

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are much bigger eyesores in the league (Devil Rays & Orioles away jerseys IMO)

What's wrong with the D-Rays road jersey? I find those to be one of the nicest in baseball.

That's the way it always goes. Something's either the best or the worst, but never anywhere in between. *sigh* Let's be friends.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Chris,

The Rays jerseys look great on the computer screen. But, I've been to a few Jays-Rays games (as you have as well :) ), despite having great seats right by the Rays dugout, I found it really hard to see anything on that jersey. My friends who were with me kept asking me what was on the front of their jersey. I love the colour scheme though.

It honestly did make my eyes sore.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Those Rangers alts make them look like what I perceive a college baseball team to look like. But then I like the Padres sand coloured outfits, so what do I know? I agree with that Matthew516 said a while back - at least they have a distinctive visual identity...I'm a casual observer (was a hardcore fan till our Brewers farm team closed down here in Brisbane), but the Padres redesign will make me follow their season just because of the novelty of their "look", ie. it is a lot more interesting than grey or white...

I never understood (can anyone elighten me) why the MLB teams, for their 'colored' jerseys, wore grey. Wow, how distincive! Why dont they wear an actual color, such as their BP jerseys. Thats the way color-white, home-away work in EVERY OTHER SPORT.

(maybe THATS why they do it? Cause everyone else does it the right- I mean, the other way?)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I never understood (can anyone elighten me) why the MLB teams, for their 'colored' jerseys, wore grey. Wow, how distincive! Why dont they wear an actual color, such as their BP jerseys. Thats the way color-white, home-away work in EVERY OTHER SPORT.

(maybe THATS why they do it? Cause everyone else does it the right- I mean, the other way?)

i've said this before in another thread Wearing grey started back in the early days of baseball when it was difficult for the teams to find places to wash their uniforms on the road as a result they wore grey and other dark colors that would hide the stains, and through tradition and what not the greys stuck around

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

The couldn't wash them, so they went with grey? Not brown like the dirt? Or redish like the brick infield? Not green like the grass stains?

Not navy, or black, or red, or Forrest Green which would hide pretty much any stain?

Bah.

Baseball 'dark' jerseys should be colors.. not grey. Damn the 'tradition'

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Not navy, or black, or red, or Forrest Green which would hide pretty much any stain?

I have seen old dark colored baseball unis. Probably Navy but not sure since it was in black and white. The Babe was wearing it. I'll try to find a picture.

EDIT: Here is a picture from when Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig went "barnstorming".

ruth.gehrig.jpg

the Padres are in SF for four games starting tonight.

Giants tv color guy Mike Krukow made the comment that the Padres khaki road unis arent that far off from the Giants cream home unis. Im watching the game on tv now and I have to say for the most part that I agree with him.

I really don't have a problem with the camo at all. It's only a once a year thing and it does have a local meaning...in other words, it's not a cheesy fashion statement to sell more merchandise (in fact, I haven't even seen them for sale).

I was in SD this weekend to take in Saturday's Diamondbacks/Padres game @ PETCO. They had the camo jerseys on sale in the team shop. I actually broke down and bought one of the green caps.

:blush:

the Padres are in SF for four games starting tonight.

Giants tv color guy Mike Krukow made the comment that the Padres khaki road unis arent that far off from the Giants cream home unis. Im watching the game on tv now and I have to say for the most part that I agree with him.

FXPB102042000_lower.jpg

They're close, but they're different enough to see a contrast between the home and away team. And the Giants are them team without the names on the back, if it's still a struggle.

If, however, the Giants were to play the last iteration of Astros rainbow road jerseys, would there be enough of a contrast?

mn-hs81r34.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Good lord, people, every player in a game could be wearing a completely white uni with a black number.. you realize there is no passing, no tackling, no attacking a player, right? Who cares if the guys running the bases are dressed liek the guys playing the field... just don't throw it to the guy WEARING THE FREAKIN HELMET!

Uniforms in baseball at all dont really serve a practical purpose. They just look cool. The sport where the uniforms mean the least, and its the only one where the coaches and managers wear them :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ΓΔΒ!

Archived