Florida Panthers New 3rd Jersey

fonz

I honestly don't understand the thinking behind this one. How can anybody associated with a team think using a color that they have never used is a good idea? They are just trying to cash in on another team's look and their intentions are very transparent. I hope that at the very least the Light Blue is actually Silver/Gray but has been messed with by the lighting and maybe Photoshop just to throw us off.

Perhaps they are slightly alter the color. Remember the story of the Calgary Flames and the logo for 30 anniversary. Once we have a version of the logo (until the official release), he removed it from your site and ultimately changed the color)))

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of this Penguins set:

Penguins09.png

The reason the Penguins' third sells so well is because it's shockingly different compared to everything else, and in a good way too. Flordia could have done something similar with a yellow jersey, but instead they proved just how incompetent some marketing people are.

Here's a 5 minute mock up based on what I've seen in that preview image shown in some other posts.

FloridaPanthersMockup.png

If that ends up being the final product that is a fail beyond fail. The Panthers will have completely lost their identity. Their original red jersey was the best shirt they've ever worn.

Thank goodness for another cat head logo though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Not really adding content here, but...

article_19777_1.jpg

This.

That jersey's a thing of beauty.

+ 1

An extra shoutout to the old Zebra Pen ads the Devils had for a number of years...

Agreed. Couldn't care less about the Panthers, but at least they had one of the best looks in the NHL when they had that. Now, it's just meh.

The new alternate (if it turns out to be what it is) isn't all THAT bad...it just doesn't match. I'm guessing this means that the Panthers are probably going to move to a blue-light blue scheme in the future like what teams used to do with 3rd jerseys, but they're probably 5 years too late on being cutting edge with this color combination. Now it's just boring.

The only good thing that's going to come out of this will be that sweet new logo. Wow, that's really hot.

Well you know, Panthers and Thrashers, you can just throw the record books right out the window when those two lock up.

I think we can move past your mocking posts about the franchises and focus on the jersey now. Thanks.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not really adding content here, but...

article_19777_1.jpg

This.

That jersey's a thing of beauty.

I agree. It's perfect, actually. It's modern yet has a classic feel to it. The new generic template they're wearing just doesn't work in the same way.

I'm not a hockey guy, so this may have already been questioned a long time ago.

Why do the panthers use gold for the logo, but the jersey color accents are more of a yellow?

I'm not sure. It's just always been that way. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the way things are, but concepts that have the shade matching throughout (all gold or all yellow) never look right to me.

Archived