Florida Panthers New 3rd Jersey

fonz

See, at least when the Wild and Blues went with the vintage circle look they used their current logos. In fact St. Louis added a further modern twist by adding the Arch to the logo. The fauxback logo the Panthers seem to have designed just looks.....off. Also, I don't get the point to it. Don't they have an official logo that's the head of the current primary anyway? Why design a new panther head when you have one ready to go?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you know, Panthers and Thrashers, you can just throw the record books right out the window when those two lock up.

I think we can move past your mocking posts about the franchises and focus on the jersey now. Thanks.

I quite enjoy the mocking posts about the franchises, and look forward to more.

Just to stay on topic so I don't get yelled at, I too don't understand why they'd latch on to a color scheme worn by Atlanta. Unless this is just a way to ease people into a whole new look that is coming in the future (which still doesn't make it right to use light blue), I really don't see how this fits in with their current set. Red, gold, and navy would be unique in the NHL - not sure why they don't go for it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not a hockey guy, so this may have already been questioned a long time ago.

Why do the panthers use gold for the logo, but the jersey color accents are more of a yellow?

Because an actual Florida Panther isn't yellow, it's a goldish-tan color. And the yellow looks better as an accent then gold would with the red and blue.

I will agree about how the use of navy and light blue is totally unoriginal and so out of place. The biggest surprise to me is the apparent absence of red on the uniform. They abandonned their own unique color scheme just to mimic some of the league's top selling jerseys, even though it doesn't seem to match with anything.

What I don't agree with is the negativity towards their new logo. A clean and brand new panther head with a new simplified wordmark. It's a thing of beauty, circle and all. I'll give them some credit for that, but not for much else.

I would rather they go with a new name if they end up in KC, the Scouts identity and name are part of the Devils' history.

While it is, it kinda isn't. If tomorrow there was a Kansas City Scouts, i don't think any Devils fan would be concerned about them "stealing" our history. Our history stated on June 30th, 1982, and most Devils fans look at it that way.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I would rather they go with a new name if they end up in KC, the Scouts identity and name are part of the Devils' history.

While it is, it kinda isn't. If tomorrow there was a Kansas City Scouts, i don't think any Devils fan would be concerned about them "stealing" our history. Our history stated on June 30th, 1982, and most Devils fans look at it that way.

Fans should not be concerned about anyone stealing a team's history. That would be for the owners and any other top executives to worry about. Besides, the Devils have one of the worst fanbases ever so why would anyone give a damn about the team if someone "stole" a portion of their history all of a sudden. They've never cared before, so why start now?

The Panthers had it perfect when they entered the league, but have been messing up their identity ever since. From one of the best looking teams to one of the worst.

The Devils have one of the best, most passionate fan-bases around. Just not a lot of people rich enough to buy the $250 lower bowl seats. I went to the Prudential Center for the first time last year expecting a mostly empty arena. The only place that is half-empty is the lower bowl. The Rock, in the second and third tiers, is packed. I'm really sick of people bashing on the Devils fans because we're not rich...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think more than anything else, it's that anything associated with New Jersey is automatically an object of derision. Well that and the Devils ruined hockey for everyone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A lot of lower-bowl seats are owned by businesses, who use them to entertain clients or to give to employees as rewards. It's reasonable to assume that some lower-bowl seats would be unused each game, but don't think that they're not paid for. I don't buy the "we're not rich" thing, because if the team didn't feel that the market could bear the prices, they'd change them. So it's probably a little bit of both. Also, hard to defend the championship "rally" in the parking lot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Devils have one of the best, most passionate fan-bases around. Just not a lot of people rich enough to buy the $250 lower bowl seats. I went to the Prudential Center for the first time last year expecting a mostly empty arena. The only place that is half-empty is the lower bowl. The Rock, in the second and third tiers, is packed. I'm really sick of people bashing on the Devils fans because we're not rich...

Sorry, buddy. I was at the Isles/Devils game at the Rock last week and although the arena is fantastic, the atmosphere was very dull. It almost felt as if I was at a morgue. Even though the Devils won, the fans were very mellow. They don't seem supportive of a great team and an excellent arena.

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

Sorry, buddy. I was at the Isles/Devils game at the Rock last week and although the arena is fantastic, the atmosphere was very dull. It almost felt as if I was at a morgue. Even though the Devils won, the fans were very mellow. They don't seem supportive of a great team and an excellent arena.

And this guy goes to games at Nassau, he would know a morgue when he saw one.

Back on topic yous :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that all history the Devils have worth remembering comes during the NJ period. I'm just stating that as a matter of principal I would prefer it if new teams in old locations not take the identity of an old team if the old team is still around in some capacity. It's the same reason I wouldn't want to see a new team Winnipeg take the Jets name, unless it's the Coyotes moving back.

Anyway yes, the Panthers jersey. I too am perplexed by the lack of whiskers. It seems just as odd as Calgary's snot horse that didn't have a mane. So really, a fauxback logo that's unnecessary anyway with a colour scheme the team's never been known for? Yeah, I really don't have high hopes for this one.

Have you ever been to a playoff game at the Nassau Coliseum? Even with big games that get good crowds the Coliseum has a great atmosphere. When the Coliseum is empty, thats's a different story.

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

The Panthers had it perfect when they entered the league, but have been messing up their identity ever since. From one of the best looking teams to one of the worst.

I definitely have to disagree with that. I think they were perfect in the late 90's when they switched to curved names on the back of their uniforms, darkened the red, and changed the numbers a tad.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Have you ever been to a playoff game at the Nassau Coliseum? Even with big games that get good crowds the Coliseum has a great atmosphere. When the Coliseum is empty, thats's a different story.

Yeah Chris were you there on April 18th 2007?

spacer.png

Archived