Florida Panthers New 3rd Jersey

fonz

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to see the winds are changing back to more traditional looking hockey jerseys, but this seems to be a bit similar to many other recent thirds. Still, it doesn't have that garish piping found on their home and away, so it's already an improvement.

"FLA"? Sigh. I suppose we can expect "Los Panthers" and green St. Patrick's Day jerseys to follow during the season. On the plus side, if that logic holds, it'll eventually mean throwbacks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why must teams insist on using their scoreboard abbreviations on actual logos and jerseys?

It's nice to see the winds are changing back to more traditional looking hockey jerseys, but this seems to be a bit similar to many other recent thirds. Still, it doesn't have that garish piping found on their home and away, so it's already an improvement.

The thing is they already had a perfect "traditional yet modern" set when they entered the league. Since then they've gone downhill in terms of uniform design.

Why must teams insist on using their scoreboard abbreviations on actual logos and jerseys?

The thing is they already had a perfect "traditional yet modern" set when they entered the league. Since then they've gone downhill in terms of uniform design.

I fully agree. The next Panthers uniform update should be more in line with the uniforms of the Beezer era...with radial arched NOBs. Those things were beautiful. Had a Beezer jersey once...wish I still had it.

33-94394-F.jpg33-96957-F.jpg

Loved those. Why'd they ever change???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The teaser pics look a lot different than what people are depicting. The main colour of the uni looks black or a very dark shade of navy blue - which may fit in with the "don't be left in the dark" slogan. The outer ring of the logo is also two shades not one. The yolk is definitely light blue and I think it's probably similar to what they used to wear in the 90s. The teaser pic also shows an arm stripe that is definitely angled like the old unis.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The teaser pic also shows an arm stripe that is definitely angled like the old unis.

This could also be the "bulging" sleeve stripes which simply follow the Edge template, like the ones seen on the Kings, Stars, and Canadiens.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I fully agree. The next Panthers uniform update should be more in line with the uniforms of the Beezer era...with radial arched NOBs. Those things were beautiful. Had a Beezer jersey once...wish I still had it.

33-94394-F.jpg33-96957-F.jpg

Loved those. Why'd they ever change???

i've actually got a 1996-style (straight 1-color names) beezer replica in size XL... the white.

i've been trying to find someone to take it off my hands for a while, since i'm not a big fan of beezer. it's lightly used. in great shape. i'd be willing to sell it or trade it for another hockey jersey if you're interested. if not, no worries :)

Does the way the sun just vanishes once it hits the F bother anyone else? It looks half finished. What was wrong with the sun/crossed palm tree and hockey sticks logo? I always found that one to be quite clever.

Archived