New New York License Plates

KevinMcD

plateFaq1.png

The State of NY needs some money. Their solution, make every car registered in NYS pay a $25 fee on top of registration for new license plates. When you get your car registered you will be required to pay the fee. It will start with registration of May 2010.

saBS.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lame

My thought exactly (though I was hearing it how it was shouted in Jay-Z's "Takeover" diss on Nas).

What's with the golden yellow, anyway? Anybody know?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

lame

My thought exactly (though I was hearing it how it was shouted in Jay-Z's "Takeover" diss on Nas).

Well they used to look like this back when plates didn't have designs and whatnot:

nyor2.jpg

The new design is still pretty bad though. For what it's worth, the set before the current plates were among my favorites of all time:

nylib1.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Golden Yellow is one of the state's colors used on the flag, seal, trooper cars, license plates pre the liberty plate in the 80's.

The design on this plate is awful. It would be better if the blue and yellow were reversed. Then again I don't have very high expectations for anything that comes from NY DMV.

I... kind of like these. Obviously more could be done with it, with the significant visual icons of New York, but it looks pretty nice.

As an aside, Connecticut has the worst license plates ever. It's a gradient.

I take it you haven't seen New Jersey's plates?

Just imagine a yellow version of CT's.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Always found it ironic that Jersey's license plate colour is piss yellow....

Anywho, absolutely downgrade by NY. I always thought the goal of license plates was to look unique, not to look like other states. When I see their new plates, all I think is Delaware.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Always found it ironic that Jersey's license plate colour is piss yellow....

Anywho, absolutely downgrade by NY. I always thought the goal of license plates was to look unique, not to look like other states. When I see their new plates, all I think is Delaware.

which brings to mind my favourite licence plate:

Northwest_Territories_License_Plate.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

those suck, i refuse to put those on my car. what is wrong with the current ones, it has the icons of new york on it (nyc, adorondack mtns, and niagra falls) it looks fine the way it is, i guess im shelling out extra money for a novelty plate for long island or somehting cuz those are boring, bland, generic, and suck.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

So the NY plates will be in PA colors now?

I really don't understand why each state needs unique plates in different colors that clash with your car. What is wrong with a plain, basic plate that just has the state initials on the left (maybe stacked, to save space) and then a number? They could be made available in different colors, so you could get one that didn't look like ass on your car, and it would still be easy to identify the state.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

plateFaq1.png

The State of NY needs some money. Their solution, make every car registered in NYS pay a $25 fee on top of registration for new license plates. When you get your car registered you will be required to pay the fee. It will start with registration of May 2010.

i'm not worried by may of 2010, i'll be in another state. leaving new york for good. Currently eying the SEC states at the moment.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived