New New York License Plates

KevinMcD

plateFaq1.png

The State of NY needs some money. Their solution, make every car registered in NYS pay a $25 fee on top of registration for new license plates. When you get your car registered you will be required to pay the fee. It will start with registration of May 2010.

That?s totally bogus, and the new license plate is ugly! Hasn?t anyone taken any notes from New Mexico that yellow license plates don?t look good!?! thicon_lol.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

plateFaq1.png

The State of NY needs some money. Their solution, make every car registered in NYS pay a $25 fee on top of registration for new license plates. When you get your car registered you will be required to pay the fee. It will start with registration of May 2010.

Looks like an update of the pre-1986 plates, which sucked.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

those suck, i refuse to put those on my car. what is wrong with the current ones, it has the icons of new york on it (nyc, adorondack mtns, and niagra falls) it looks fine the way it is, i guess im shelling out extra money for a novelty plate for long island or somehting cuz those are boring, bland, generic, and suck.

I am glad they are getting rid of the now infamous Clip ate Tri-Color Flag plate. However, the new plates need to be scrapped and the NYS DMV needs to back to the drawing board MACHT SCHNELL and maybe hold a contest and let people design their own plates and see which one will win (Remember last year with Texas and Nebraska?)! Also, whlie the DMV is at it, they need to put the registration sticker back on the place because I, like many motorists ni New York, am at my wits end having to continually tape the registration stickers that fall off the windshield!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

plateFaq1.png

It looks like some of the Pennsylvania plates from the 1950's and 1960's.

Gee...The plates are so UGLY, PAtterson must have designed them :lol:

Well, it's back to the drawing board for New York.

And let's recall Patterson NOW!!! :)

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

I love it. I remember the blue and gold plates of my youth, and I'm happy to see them make a return in spirit.

I was never a big fan of the current plates (the Statue of Liberty plates were far superior), so I'm happy to seem them go.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

plateFaq1.png

One year later, you're still a clown.

I prefer the current plate to the future one because even though there is no imagery of snow on the plate itself, the colors convey a cold image that I feel is synonymous with the entire state.

For my money this is the best license plate ever. I kept mine and hung it on the wall in our basement when I moved from NY back to Ohio. The new ones suck.

nylib1.jpg

I should add that in 1995 I put a chief wahoo head on the statue of liberty on my plates. It looked great.

BB52Big.jpg

A license plate should serve simply to identify the vehicle. It should not serve as marketing or an advertisement for the state. I'm not sure why anyone wants some of these colorful things on their cars - they're not much better than garish bumper stickers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't mind them as much as y'all do. The current license plates are the only thing I know, since I'm too young to remember the Statue of Liberty one. Yellow and navy is one of my favorite color combos, and I've always liked when plates are different colors (when I went to England and saw all the yellow plates, I loved it). Won't mind changing to these plates at all.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

This goes on sale in Ohio on Nov 23, not a requirement to get this plate

BeautifulOhio.jpg

That is a great plate

Nice Design, no Tri-Color flag image, despite the clip art, AND......indented sticker trenches at the bottom of the plate!!! How does that grab you, New York Sate DMV???!!!????

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

plateFaq1.png

One year later, you're still a clown.

I prefer the current plate to the future one because even though there is no imagery of snow on the plate itself, the colors convey a cold image that I feel is synonymous with the entire state.

Me, a clown? If so, I'd be a clown college Drop Out!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

I love it. I remember the blue and gold plates of my youth, and I'm happy to see them make a return in spirit.

I was never a big fan of the current plates (the Statue of Liberty plates were far superior), so I'm happy to seem them go.

That's my response as well.

Not a huge fan of the curved lettering, but other than that I think it's a huge upgrade.

Well at least it doesn't have a web address on it like a lot of states are doing. I always thought the pre liberty plate in NY was Orange and Blue, not Yellow and Blue. And unless my laptop is at a bad angle that new plate looks more orange than "Gold".

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived