Sign in to follow this  
hettinger_rl

IFL to add 7 new teams, drop 2 for 2010

There's going to be an IFL team in Wasilla Frickin' Alaska?

Why they weren't named the Fighting Palins is beyond me.

I'd go for the Wasilla Mavericks, myself.

The Wasilla logo should be a pit bull wearing lipstick.

I'm far more concerned that this is the third indoor football franchise in Alaska, myself.

*It would be hilarious if they ended up playing at an outdoor rink, like so many midget hockey teams end up doing in godforsaken places like Winnipeg or Saskatoon.

I'm far more concerned that this is the third indoor football franchise in Alaska, myself.

*It would be hilarious if they ended up playing at an outdoor rink, like so many midget hockey teams end up doing in godforsaken places like Winnipeg or Saskatoon.

They're playing at the Curtis D. Menard Memorial Sports Center (home of the NAHL's Alaska Avalanche)

If an IFL team ends up in Kenai River (home to the Brown Bears), then I think they're overdoing it...

IMO the best logos are (in no particular order): Green Bay Blizzard, Corpus Christi Hammerheads, El Paso Generals, Omaha Beef, and West Michigan Thunderhawks (if they get rid of that god awful font). Honorable mention to the Dusters for doing a pretty good job of using a cyclone.

Problem is, the team is incredibly unlikely to be the Green Bay Blizzard in the IFL. That logo is copyrighted by the Arena 'brand' of football, and I doubt they'll sell the rights to it since the team has changed leagues. So, they'll need to come up with a new identity.

The IFL has the potential to be a VERY successful indoor league. They've got an impressive plan, and I think it can be successful.

*laughter*

You made a funny right there, that you did.