New Era MLB Coop Collection

GFB

I don't know if this is newsworthy, but over at Lids.com they are selling some hot MLB caps...

-Teal Marlins

-Teal/Navy Mariners

-Navy/Gold Astros

-Navy/Columbia Blue Angels

-Grey/Black Pirates

-Navy/Teal Brewers

-Black/Orange "Curvy -SF" Giants

MLB Coop Collection

Mickeys Place (mickeysplace.com) is a better place to get these. They sell them without the New Era logo on the front.

I don't know if this is newsworthy, but over at Lids.com they are selling some hot MLB caps...

-Teal Marlins

-Teal/Navy Mariners

-Navy/Gold Astros

-Grey/Black Pirates

-Navy/Teal Brewers

MLB Coop Collection

Mickeys Place (mickeysplace.com) is a better place to get these. They sell them without the New Era logo on the front.

Link please, 'cause I can't find 'em.

-Teal Marlins

-Teal/Navy Mariners

-Navy/Gold Astros

-Grey/Black Pirates

-Navy/Teal Brewers

MLB Coop Collection

Amen. Finally, another person that does not want the New Era logo on the side of their caps. Mickey's Place is the only store (web or otherwise) that carries the Cooperstown Collection without the logo on the side. Hopefully, that does not change.

I'm with you guys on the not wanting the New Era logo on the side of my caps. I heard you can take a seam ripper to the New Era logo and it comes out like a charm....but I've yet to try it myself. I'm really only interested in the Mariners ones, all of which I was able to tack down from their original era, but would love to find the royal blue mariners with the mlb logo on the back. I tend to wear 5950s backwards and i dont like not having the logo, it feels like its missing something.

SEAsig.png

Orange Astros w/blue star. Sold.

I said the same thing. Then, my wallet said, "But I'm empty and you don't even wear hats anymore." He wins this one.

Some of these are beauties though, like both Astros caps, all the Padres caps, the Disney-heim Angels, all the Expos caps, the Light Blue Phillies, and even those Brewers Navy/Green/Gold caps. Anybody want to sponsor me and buy me one?

As much as I want to buy some of the hats in this collection, I won't because of the New Era logo on the side.

Expos Pinwheel, Orioles with the white front, and Astros Orange hats would be the first ones I would get.

I don't get the light-blue Phillies cap (or any of the light-blue Phillies merch.) Light blue was never one of their colors - it was just the base for their road uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As much as I want to buy some of the hats in this collection, I won't because of the New Era logo on the side.

Expos Pinwheel, Orioles with the white front, and Astros Orange hats would be the first ones I would get.

For me, I care more about authenticity with some caps than with others. Expos pinwheel, I don't mind the New Era logo. It would be a fashion cap for me, not a fan cap. Whereas for anything to do with the Twins or Senators, or a 1980s Rangers cap or a Houston Colts or orange Astros, I'd be all about authenticity, so the New Era logo is a dealbreaker for me.

However, if New Era ever grew a little self-confidence and was willing to act with a bit more class and subtlety, I'd be totally cool with a New Era logo in the same color stitching as the cap fabric. Still there, still visible, but it would let the actual cap and team logo be the first thing you see. I'd settle for that compromise.

I haven't looked this week, but last week there was no solid-blue Expos cap. That's high on my want list, much more than a pinwheel cap. Especially if it's available in poly instead of wool, even with the New Era logo on the side.

20082614447.png

I don't mind the New Era logo.

See, this right here.

As soon as you NO LOGO CREEP guys figure out that as soon as you put money down for merchandise you're paying the team for the privilege of advertising them instead of the other way around, something like a 1.5" square logo on the side of the cap (or jersey or shoe or...) is minor.

Think of it as being able to advertise two entities at once, and therefore, you're buying a value-added product.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

-Teal Marlins

-Teal/Navy Mariners

-Navy/Gold Astros

-Grey/Black Pirates

-Navy/Teal Brewers

MLB Coop Collection

Amen. Finally, another person that does not want the New Era logo on the side of their caps. Mickey's Place is the only store (web or otherwise) that carries the Cooperstown Collection without the logo on the side. Hopefully, that does not change.

The Lids hats and the Mickey's Place hats are 2 different products. The stuff at Mickey's Place are "authentic", in the sense that they are pretty much reproductions of the original hats, while the Lids hats are updated reproductions. I've held the Navy Padres hats from both places. The Lids have a slightly larger logo. It's subtle, but it's different. I'm not saying the Lids hats are glorified fashion hats, but they aren't really the same as the more authentic hat you get from Mickey's Place.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The teal used for the Mariners hats looks way too bright. Maybe its the picture or my screen- But it looks off.

It's not your eyes. I saw someone wearing that hat at a Lids store Saturday and the teal was way too bright and too blue as the Mariners' teal leaned more green. The teal, the NE logo, and that the underside of the bill is the same color as the bill (not grey or even black) is what kept me from buying one.

I don't mind the New Era logo.

See, this right here.

As soon as you NO LOGO CREEP guys figure out that as soon as you put money down for merchandise you're paying the team for the privilege of advertising them instead of the other way around, something like a 1.5" square logo on the side of the cap (or jersey or shoe or...) is minor.

Think of it as being able to advertise two entities at once, and therefore, you're buying a value-added product.

Not at all.

When you're buying a Nike shoe, the Nike logo is the point. When you're buying a Yankee cap, the Yankees logo is the point. Adding a New Era logo on the side is crass branding - very few people buy New Era for its brand value.

Archived