Sign in to follow this  
GFB

New Era MLB Coop Collection

I don't mind the New Era logo.

See, this right here.

As soon as you NO LOGO CREEP guys figure out that as soon as you put money down for merchandise you're paying the team for the privilege of advertising them instead of the other way around, something like a 1.5" square logo on the side of the cap (or jersey or shoe or...) is minor.

Think of it as being able to advertise two entities at once, and therefore, you're buying a value-added product.

Not at all.

When you're buying a Nike shoe, the Nike logo is the point. When you're buying a Yankee cap, the Yankees logo is the point. Adding a New Era logo on the side is crass branding - very few people buy New Era for its brand value.

I was speaking more to the idea of paying to wear any team/brand merch in general, not necessarily just the NE logo.

But as a consumer, I personally don't have a problem with the NE logo on the side of a cap, or an NHL replica having the jock tag on the front, etc. The manufacturer is letting people know who made it. I'm nowhere near enough of a purist to let any logo, other than an NY or the Cowboys' star, stop me from buying a shirt or hat of a team or a design I like.

But I'm weird like that. I also think that within 10-15 years, most North American pro sports franchises will proudly display sponsors on the front of their uniforms (CFL and MLS not withstanding).

If these are the same as those I've seen in person at the local Lids, they have under visors that match the bill color. I need the grey under visor to muster anything resembling nostalgia for the 90's. The raised embroidery is really getting extreme on these. That thick 3D "M" logo halfway down has nothing to do with the Milwaukee Braves whose logo was often and patch. And don't event get me started on the masquerading Bakersfield Dodgers cap.