Colorado Avalanche to unveil new 3rd sweater tomorrow (12th)

roxfan00

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are these the teams currently without an alternate jersey?

- Anaheim

- Calgary

- Columbus

- Detroit

- Florida

- Montreal

- Nashville

- New Jersey

- Rangers

- Washington

If any of those teams have alternate jerseys announced, do we have release dates on any of those them?

Nashville has a new third this season

Are the flippin' serious? Does it say AVALANCHE on the back collar? Wow... That's gotta be stolen from the Colorado Mammoth identity, right? At least the rest of the set is pleasing to look at, and that is an awesome shade of blue.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are these the teams currently without an alternate jersey?

- Anaheim

- Calgary

- Columbus

- Detroit

- Florida

- Montreal

- Nashville

- New Jersey

- Rangers

- Washington

If any of those teams have alternate jerseys announced, do we have release dates on any of those them?

Caps will not have an alternate jersey for the foreseeable future, according to George McPhee.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Caps will not have an alternate jersey for the foreseeable future, according to George McPhee.

That's reassuring. I think they have one of the top sets in the NHL right now, and I could see them ruining it by adding a dark blue alternate with the 'W'eagle logo inside a circle.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This would have been SO much better if it was head to toe blue, still nice, but I wish the white letters and numbers were accented with burgundy instead of black. And as for the Caps, vintage Reds as a third jersey (complete with red helmets and blue stars and stripe pants) would be killer.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

That's reassuring. I think they have one of the top sets in the NHL right now, and I could see them ruining it by adding a dark blue alternate with the 'W'eagle logo inside a circle.

Wearing dark blue with the W eagle as the primary (no circle) would've been perfect. That logo's too damn inspired to be a mere secondary behind a stupid redesign of a logo that wasn't very good the first time. First time the Caps have had a simple iconic logo that says "Washington Capitals" without actually spelling out the words "Washington Capitals." Should've run with it.

And as for the Caps, vintage Reds as a third jersey (complete with red helmets and blue stars and stripe pants) would be killer.

Not really. Those always looked kind of cheap and shabby, and are best left in the past. Even though the Caps were a little better than mediocre when they wore those in the '80s, they just look like something a mediocre team would've worn, y'know?

Oh, as for this Avs sweater, I really like it. Make white and burgundy versions and ditch the Edgefied junk, and so on.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

- Anaheim

- Calgary

- Columbus

- Detroit

- Florida

- Montreal

- Nashville

- New Jersey

- Rangers

- Washington

Nashville has an alternate, Montreal has several they are throwing back with, and Calgary has one to honour their 30th anniversary, wearing them against other Canadian teams at home... Florida is unveiling one this year

Netherlands.png

Credit lost_limey

The black just looks out of place, pretty much everywhere it gets used in this uniform. Needed more burgundy to replace the black, especially the helmets and pants which just look cheap.

liverpool-1.png

- Anaheim

- Calgary

- Columbus

- Detroit

- Florida

- Montreal

- Nashville

- New Jersey

- Rangers

- Washington

Nashville has an alternate, Montreal has several they are throwing back with, and Calgary has one to honour their 30th anniversary, wearing them against other Canadian teams at home... Florida is unveiling one this year

Are the Red Wings breaking out their Winter Classic thirds at some point this season?

Like this item clipped from the Caps website, only blue?

Capscircle.png

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

- Anaheim

- Calgary

- Columbus

- Detroit

- Florida

- Montreal

- Nashville

- New Jersey

- Rangers

- Washington

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=70232

Montreal doesn't have a full time alt, but they're still using some of the 100th Anniversary jerseys this year.

About the new Avs Alt, I can't really say I like anything about it. It's in desperate need of a hem stripe or something to balance the bottom portion of the jersey, and the striping pattern on the arms looks awful. Something about that burgundy, white, black, white, burgundy sequence looks bad. I can't say I care for the script or font either. The old third was a better jersey than this.

I actually like it. Like someone else in this thread said, it actually looks like a hockey jersey, unlike the rest of the Avs' set.

I do agree with Corvus, however, that there needs something on the bottom part of the jersey that would make it look more balanced. The thing I hate most about this Reebok Edge design is the curvy sides on the bottom. If they can make that straight again, then a lot of jersey bottoms would look cleaner, more traditional, and have more potential for creativity.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Wearing dark blue with the W eagle as the primary (no circle) would've been perfect. That logo's too damn inspired to be a mere secondary behind a stupid redesign of a logo that wasn't very good the first time. First time the Caps have had a simple iconic logo that says "Washington Capitals" without actually spelling out the words "Washington Capitals." Should've run with it.

Pretty much.

Pretty much.

Agreed, but they are so tied to the color red now, promotional, marketing, in pretty much every way, Red is the color. a red jersey with the Weagle would be perfect.

The lack of vertical arch is disturbing. I wonder if it's just because the front has letters that have a "non-standard" layout, so they wanted to keep it basic on the back so as not to draw any attention away from the front? I know, you don't usually see the front and back at the same time, so that's probably not a valid theory, but it's all I got.

What really bothers me no these is how there's a black stripe in the middle of the white on the sleeves, but no black on the shoulders. I think the black looks nice, but there should be more of it than just that one stripe on the sleeves that sticks out like a sore thumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived