Colorado Avalanche to unveil new 3rd sweater tomorrow (12th)

roxfan00

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lack of vertical arch is disturbing. I wonder if it's just because the front has letters that have a "non-standard" layout, so they wanted to keep it basic on the back so as not to draw any attention away from the front? I know, you don't usually see the front and back at the same time, so that's probably not a valid theory, but it's all I got.

What really bothers me no these is how there's a black stripe in the middle of the white on the sleeves, but no black on the shoulders. I think the black looks nice, but there should be more of it than just that one stripe on the sleeves that sticks out like a sore thumb.

A black stripe on the shoulders (circling the white and burgandy) would have made it look 10 million times better, especially if they are going to wear black helmets.

I don't know if that's the correct number font on the game jerseys. The Avs have used an "on ice" number font that's different than the "replica" number font. For instance, the "on ice" font has a serif coming down from the top of the 7's, where as the replica font (and ericjaffe's font in another thread) does not. With replica jerseys being shown in the photos, it'll be interesting to see what font they go with.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I hate different color arm pits!

-Dan

I don't mind it in this case. It's better than having the stripes only go 3/4 of the way around and then just have the main jersey body color back there. At least this way it tricks you into thinking that the stripes go all the way around and then have this black patch put over top of them. Well, sort of.. I guess... a little bit?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Then why not scrap the armpit coloring and have the damn stripes go all the way around.

-Dan

Of course this would be the ideal solution. Unfortunately, the template doesn't seem to allow for it (not that they couldn't come up with one that does, but that's a different argument) so I think the black pits are the better of the two choices (the other being just leave it blue like the body.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

as a fan, i'm not a fan. then again, i'm not a fan of the entire edge set since it has been used. with the maroon stripe across the shoulder it looks much too much like a rangers knockoff. i much prefer the previous third. and yeah people may claim its also a rangers knockoff, i would counter that it was a traditional take on the avalanche look. i can remember the pens having the same type of diagonal area name on thier fronts and even those didn't look like rangers knockoffs.

For a while now, I've been clipping funny things people say here and using them in my signature, which I can't even see anyway because I keep sigs off. But this is the best one I've ever seen. It sums up everything I think about everything. "As a fan, I'm not a fan." The ultimate kōan of the CCSLC.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For a while now, I've been clipping funny things people say here and using them in my signature, which I can't even see anyway because I keep sigs off. But this is the best one I've ever seen. It sums up everything I think about everything. "As a fan, I'm not a fan." The ultimate kōan of the CCSLC.

an act I may eventually steal, now that baseball season is over and there's no need for a Phillies signature.

I think he meant "As a [Colorado Avalanche] fan, I'm not a fan [of their new alternate uniforms]."

Or at least I hope he meant that...

As a loyal follower of my team, I do not waste time with "spin," nor do I blow a lot of air. As a fan, I'm not a fan.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well the uniforms look exactly as they were billed, I still don't like them though blue is not apart of the main Avs scheme and never should unless this is an ode to the Nordiques?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well the uniforms look exactly as they were billed, I still don't like them Blue is not apart of the main Avs scheme.

Isn't their blue on their home, and away jersey?

It is but they would probably look better if they went to an edge of their old alternate uniform which I thought looked really good.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived