Uconn!

Shmee

Aww this is no fun without an antagonist. Somebody's gotta be a doubter.

No?

*Walks away and fades into obscurity*

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

UConn just was dominat begining to end tonight they totally deserved it and now if the Women win tommmorow it will be one of the greatest stories in NCAA History.

On to another note could that song One Shinning Moment be any cheaiser?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I believe the last and only time Both the Men's & Women's teams won the BB championships was in 1986, CMSU (Central Missouri State Univ. - Warrensburg, MO - Home of the Mules & Jennies).

miaacmsu_mules_1.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Yup. The National Champions suck alright! Sounds like something a Duke fan would say. Do I sense someone's bitter about not being able to close out a game they had won?

Was there ANY point in the game in which Georgia Tech looked like they belonged on the same court as UConn? That was as dominant a performance in a championship game as there has been.

And I don't believe in D-1... the Men's and Women's titles have ever been won by the same team. hell, in D-1... no team that's had a team in BOTH brackets have EVER won a championship in that year. So UConn already made history right there.

IUe6Hvh.png

I was randomly watchin CBS one day when i was a youngin, didn't know who was playin, and since i didnt have cable at the time, there was nothin else on, and for some reason I just reall liked the UConn name, colors and all that stuff and just started following them. Actually I think I was curious to watch cuz I had never heard 'UConn' before, so I wanted to know who was playing, I definitely wasn't thinkin Connecticut, so i felt pretty dumb when I found out when they posted scores to cut to commercial. DOH!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Well I'm glad they won, even though the three teams I wanted to win went out before.

First I wanted Air Force to win, like that was possible.

Then I wanted Syracuse to win, too bad the got knocked out.

Then I wanted either Okie State or UConn to win, more so Okie State because of what happened last year out here, the plane crash.

But hey #4 on a list of 4 isnt bad.

Anyone who watches women's basketball or brags about a women's basketball team winning any kind of game or championship, should seriously have their head examined

Don't hate on the ladies. The women's game, which I also watched, was a really exciting game. And seeing Diana Taurasi play with that skill and enthusiasm, I don't know why people have these preconceived notions that women's basketball can't be a fun sport to watch.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I don't know why people have these preconceived notions that women's basketball can't be a fun sport to watch.

Exhibit #1- WNBA

edit; nevermind

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Was there ANY point in the game in which Georgia Tech looked like they belonged on the same court as UConn? That was as dominant a performance in a championship game as there has been.

F you, jacka$$... it was a complete blowout? Single digit point margins count as a blowout?

Yes, Tech was down 26 at one point, but then, they rallyed back to within 7. I think THAT period of time qualified them as belonging on the same court.

Look, Uconn won. Agreed. They are the National Champions. Hooray. Tech did not play their best game, and lost to the better team that night. But don't give me any self-serving bullplop that Tech didn't belong to be there.

Uconn ran out to a ten point lead on the strength of a flat Tech team, cadly missed shots by Tech, and two horrible calls on two legit blocks by Tech on Defense. Ten points in the first couple minutes. The game ended by UConn winning by 9. That means, has ONE of Techs shots gone in, or ONE of those blocks been not called, this is a whole new game.

This was closer than the score just after the half made it appear. And if, as everyone whines about, had this been a series, Tech may only take 2 of 5 games. Or 4 of 9. But they were a team very capable of beating anyone else in the game on any given night.

Monday wasn't that night. They looked slow and sloppy, and their shooters weren't on. Kind of how Uconn played in November.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Anyone who watches women's basketball or brags about a women's basketball team winning any kind of game or championship, should seriously have their head examined

Way to live in the dark ages there. Nice job.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That was as dominant a performance in a championship game as there has been.

How about - no, completely wrong.

Your team won a 9 point victory. Lets see how 'dominating' that is.

2002 Maryland 64-52 Indiana 14 point victory

2001 Duke 82-72 Arizona 10 point victory

2000 Michigan St. 89-76 Florida 13 point victory

1998 Kentucky 78-69 Utah 9 points

1996 Kentucky 76-67 Syracuse 9 points

1995 UCLA 89-78 Arkansas 9 points

So... id say that it was MORE cometitive than most int he past 4 years, and equal to or better than the past ten!

So, stuff it. Your team won. Your team is National Champions. Crongrats.

But don't insult other people's teams. NO one in the final four deserves that kind of talk. They were all great teams this year.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived