New State Flag Proposal

IronChefShark

I've always liked the Utah State flag since it has the bald eagle and the American flag in there.

utah.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nunst054.gif

Can't argue with New York's flag. That there is a flag representing the American dream. It's even got two pretty ladies on it.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

wow those are too damn similar.

That's what i was sayin, most american flags are the same

At least Jersey doesn't have the flag of another nation in the canton of our state flag.

Ontario, break the ties, man. Your not England. Get that little fu*ker in the canton outta there. And while you're at it, get the queen off of your money. Why must you tie yourself to another country? You stopped serving England a long time ago. Be your own nation, damnit!

Same goes for Hawai'i. I'll give them some leeway because they have some damn great beaches and women, but i'd like to see that union jack in the canton bite the dust within 10 years or so...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

And here I thought you were all about tradition and history, JQK? I do somewhat agree with you about the provincial flags, but they have been around for a while. Canada is still part of the Commonwealth, so it makes sense. Hawai'i's flag history is also interesting.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think Maryland actually has the most original state flag. It's even longer than most state flags...

maryland_flag.jpg

Maryland's is definitely original (and one of my favorites), especially considering it's been around since the 1600's

CANA004.GIF

I like this one, but I am biased having lived there for a while.

By having the Union Jack represented shows a British heritage, leaving the rest of the flag for other aspects.

Simply having a represetation of the Union Jack in no way ties anyone to England or makes us serve them. It serves to accurately document the history of the country or in this case province.

PS The new flag of the country of Georgia is

ge-national.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived