NFL Weekly Uniforms Notes

pagan696

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Panthers uniform is really nice. Just wish they'd either lose the faux helmet stripes, or make them real stripes, with blue in the middle, to mimic the pants stripe.

Personally, I don't get the relative love for the Panthers look. Not only does the non-match of helmet stripes to pants stripes bug me, but all that crazy logo creep! Its like the previous 9er look... same logo on the hemet, on the sleeve, on the hip... OK, we get it already! What you couldn't cram it on to the socks somehow?

That Panthers uniform is really nice. Just wish they'd either lose the faux helmet stripes, or make them real stripes, with blue in the middle, to mimic the pants stripe.

Personally, I don't get the relative love for the Panthers look. Not only does the non-match of helmet stripes to pants stripes bug me, but all that crazy logo creep! Its like the previous 9er look... same logo on the hemet, on the sleeve, on the hip... OK, we get it already! What you couldn't cram it on to the socks somehow?

It may be logo redundancy, but it's not logo "creep". The RBK logo on the sleeve - now that's logo creep.

I don't think it's that bad on the sleeve (what else would go there? Don't think the number would look good) but it could probably be dropped from the pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It may be logo redundancy, but it's not logo "creep". The RBK logo on the sleeve - now that's logo creep.

I don't think it's that bad on the sleeve (what else would go there? Don't think the number would look good) but it could probably be dropped from the pants.

Yeah, I guess "creep" was the wrong term. Still, I never liked that overstarution of a single logo. What happened to secondary logos? Tampa, Philly, Baltimore... a much better choice than the same thing over and over. I'd actually much prefer the numbers there (works for Houston and Indy). Also, the sleeve logos are a cheap screen version... can't even spring for a patch?

Yeah, I guess "creep" was the wrong term. Still, I never liked that overstarution of a single logo. What happened to secondary logos? Tampa, Philly, Baltimore... a much better choice than the same thing over and over. I'd actually much prefer the numbers there (works for Houston and Indy). Also, the sleeve logos are a cheap screen version... can't even spring for a patch?

The Eagles are a bad example, since they don't use a logo on their helmet. Tampa and Baltimore are good examples, even if BAL would look better IMO if the logos were reversed. Does Carolina even have a secondary logo? I really don't think that sleeve numbers would look good in that small area (especially theirs with the outline - at least IND doesn't have an outline to thicken it up).

The other thing is that while it may look redundant on the field, the primary purpose of jerseys is for merchandising purposes, and it looks better on a replica jersey to have a logo there. That still doesn't explain the logo on the pants, but I think it's sound enough justification for the one on the jersey.

As for why it's screened and not a sewn patch, maybe they're using the Browns excuse that a bulky-sewn patch would restrict movement? Just kidding - I don't think there is any good reason for it. I'd love if someone contacted their equipment manager or someone in some department that's in charge of jerseys and ask why this is.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does Carolina even have a secondary logo? I really don't think that sleeve numbers would look good in that small area (especially theirs with the outline - at least IND doesn't have an outline to thicken it up).

Now that the Panther's expansion cousins, the Jags, have dropped the crawling Jag from their sleeves, this would be cool to use on the Panther's sleeves. This, or numbers...

342.gif

that pic of the bucs above me looks pretty damn sharp in my oppinion. I also like the redskins in all red, it is cool every once in a while and as long as they don't wear it too often i think it is a great look.

It looks sharp because neither player is wearing a helmet. When they wear the pewter helmet with that combo the entire set looks unbalanced.

The other thing is that while it may look redundant on the field, the primary purpose of jerseys is for merchandising purposes, and it looks better on a replica jersey to have a logo there. That still doesn't explain the logo on the pants, but I think it's sound enough justification for the one on the jersey.

These are pretty much my thoughts on the matter.

Seahawks looking sweet with their best combo white over blue against the Vikings today. I 'll even go as far to say it is 1 of the best combos in the league.

Just saw a highlight of that game. Surprised the Hawks changed it up for once, going with Puget Slate pants.

Howevuh...even with that, the twoblue thing is killing that look. It may just be the Metrodome lighting, but that Seahawk Blue and the navy are entirely too close in appearance to each other to distinguish from each other; as a result, it sorta resembles a "leotard" effect. (It also serves to further fuel my belief that teams should really look at going back to more distinctive color palettes...the overdrabness of color in the NFL's team uniforms is really bugging me.)

As for my Buccaneers in red over white...it's a a nice change-of-pace look, so long as they don't overdo it. I WILL say, though, that if for some reason the Buccaneers ever decide to go back to a white helmet, that is the uniform look to do it with.

As for the Deadskins...man, that's a lot of burgundy, that's all Imma say.

Oh--and in case anyone cares, Cleveland's in brown pants at Detroit.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That Seahawks uniform look much better up close than it does from the broadcast angle on TV.

And...that's still a lot of burgundy. Doesn't look too too bad...just a lot of burgundy.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Seahawks look MUCH better with an NFL style combo, instead of their usual high school style combo. Now if they'd only do so at home also, their overall look could go from bottom 5 to middle of the pack.

OR, they could ditch the drab altogether and return to royal blue and kelly green... a GREAT color combo.

Redskins look horrible they should just get a pair of gold pants that they can wear home and away.

What's up with the Bucs in white pants? Don't like it never have.

Agree on both counts. The Redskins looked terrible. Hopefully the ugly loss to the Cowboys will lead to retirement of that outfit. Also, I always found that look pointless for Tampa Bay.

The Redskins looked terrible. Hopefully the ugly loss to the Cowboys will lead to retirement of that outfit.

Yes, I love the "its the uniforms fault" for a reason why a team lost. Brilliant. They have kicked ass in the other combos this year.

The Redskins look terrible, because their color scheme is completely out-of-date and their uniforms badly in need of a rehaul.

I thought for a nice changeup, the all red works well for them.

Archived