NFL Weekly Uniforms Notes

pagan696

capt.ca57d45014d34ed981d7fcbdf23943eb.titans_texans_football_htt121.jpg

i really like this look for the titans.

I would if they would lose those stupid stripes on the helmets. Never liked 'em.

i agree with both of you. The white/white/powder blue/navy combo is one of the best road sets in the league. And wouldn't the set be just about perfect with this small modification to the helmet?

titans.jpg

I disagree. I love those stripes because they break up the uniformity of stripes on the jersey and helmet. Sometimes I like uniformity, but most of the time I like when there are some contrasting elements.

BTW, I think the Texans need to go fulltime with the Red's over the Navy's. Those were just beautiful. The only little nitpicky thing I noticed was that the socks should have been navy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My house just got internet back so I've been sitting here all week stewing over my thoughts on last week's uniform developments in the NFL.

- glad to see the Seahawks finally wear the uniform as intended. They look so much better than the all-whites. It's a shame they had to choose the Metrodome, the worst lit stadium in the league, to wear the blue pants-white jersey combo.

- the Redskins should never wear all burgundy.

- the Bengals wore all white on the road for the first time since week 2 against Green Bay. I wish they'd wear the orange socks with the all white look. They've done it a couple times since the redesign and it reminds me fondly of the 80's. example here

-while watching the games I saw a canon commercial that had the Patriots in white jerseys with silver pants and their white striped socks. I've always thought I would like that look, but the white striped socks ruined it. It may look good if they wore their navy socks. Maybe one day we'll actually get to see this combo.

- I live in a market that was forced to watch the Browns-Lions game. It actually was a very entertaining game. The Browns' poop pants looked crappy (pun intended) as always, but the Lions new unis, the first time I've seen them in action, looked fantastic. The only thing that bothers me about them is the skinny width of the helmet stripe. If it were thicker, more like the thickness of Ohio State's helmet stripe, then I think it would be one of my favorite helmets in the league.

- I love the Dolphins road uniforms with the teal pants and striped socks and I love the Panthers light blue jerseys with the silver pants, but those are two uniforms that should never play each other. They were too pastel and too bright to be up against each other in the same football game.

- thank god the Texans chose not to wear their red pants with their red jerseys. They looked awesome with the white pants. During warmups I could only see the red tops and I sat there hoping the players didn't have on red bottoms. The only way to improve the look would be to go with the navy pants and red socks. It would be a classy look yet still distinctive in the NFL.

- why doesn't the Saints' pants stripe match the helmet stripe? Can someone explain that to me?

and that's all I can think of for now.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Falcons will be wearing their throwbacks again this Sunday.

And I gotta be honest with you...the only reason that I watched the Dolphins/Panthers game, was because that was probably the greatest UFL game that was ever played. :P

BTW, I think the Texans need to go fulltime with the Red's over the Navy's. Those were just beautiful.

No, the Texans just need to wear their navy jersey's at home more often. They are stuck wearing their white jersey's way too much of the season. They are basically a dome team. They don't need to wear white at home early in the season. Plus those navy jersey's, with the navy helmet, work so well.

And its about time we see the white jersey's with the red pants. That day has to be coming soon.

Archived