Borderline Future NFL Hall of Famers

DDR

I've often thought of Terrell Suggs as one. When you talk about the Ravens and the HOF its always Ray Lewis and Ed Reed (as it should be). But there have been times, especially last season, where I've felt Suggs was the most valuable guy on the defense. I think playing LB in Lewis' shadow really hurts him. Unlike other, LBs in Baltimore he's actually stuck around for an extended period of time. I'd say that says alot about how much he means to the team. Hopefully he's able to come back from this knee injury.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO, the Pro Football Hall of Fame lets in too many players, becoming a Hall of Very Good instead of a shrine for the truly elite among the greatest players to ever lace 'em up. That some of the names being thrown around this thread are even considered borderline candidates really cements this.

It seems to me that the NFL has the lowest standards of any of the big 4 HOFs. I haven't done any research, nor can I sit here and list you names of people who shouldn't be in, but the fact that we're even discussing some of these people says something about the integrity of the hall.

I couldn't have said that any better myself. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

IMHO, the Pro Football Hall of Fame lets in too many players, becoming a Hall of Very Good instead of a shrine for the truly elite among the greatest players to ever lace 'em up. That some of the names being thrown around this thread are even considered borderline candidates really cements this.

It seems to me that the NFL has the lowest standards of any of the big 4 HOFs. I haven't done any research, nor can I sit here and list you names of people who shouldn't be in, but the fact that we're even discussing some of these people says something about the integrity of the hall.

I couldn't have said that any better myself. :P

I gotta give you guys credit, around here when two people are so diametrically opposed on something it usually ends with arguing and name calling.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived