2010-2011 Pens alternate jersey

TAFKAK

Rob Rossi shed some light on the return of the Pen's popular blue jersey's future...

· The Florida Panthers unveiled an alternate uniform last night. The color scheme mirrored the Penguins' original colors: baby blue, dark blue and white. Those colors are part of the Penguins' popular current throwback-themed alternate uniforms, which will be replaced next season.

Article

Personally I hate to see the jersey go, it's been wildly popular and changes things up a bit from the black and (vegas)gold.

Lemieux-era Gold Jerseys, perhaps?

I'd say Lemieux-era. Maybe gold. Maybe black.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm excited for a new alternate. The current has become 'trendy' if you will. It's like a band that you really love, until it hits the pop-radio stations and you have to hear 13 year old girls singing along to what was your favorite song for a solid month or two. Damn you Shinedown. I digress. I would love to see a yellow alt, but they would probably use the new gold instead of the old, and gold is hard to do in large portions.

Personally, I'd like to see one from this era:

apps_jr_tall.jpg

The Pens' colors were listed as MEDIUM Blue, Dark Blue and White. No Powder. This was the color scheme they had when I became a fan of the team in the mid-70s.

Red, navy, and gold perhaps?

Well played, sir.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Lemieux-era Gold Jerseys, perhaps?

Yes, please! I haven't bought a new jersey in years, but I would have to get one of those. If not that jersey exactly I at least hope they go back to Pittsburgh gold and drop the Vegas.

Amen. Their last (set with the triangle pen on the shoulder) with yellow instead of Vegas and a Yellow Alt would have been #1! I'm also sick of the "trendy" blue. They were black/gold a lot longer than blue!

KISSwall09.jpg

OK - I changed my mind...I want this one back!:

PittsburghPenguins_RUN_2002-2004.png

And no, I'm not really joking...

When I first saw these jerseys on TV I thought they were the coolest things I have ever seen ... of course I was about 7 years old.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Ooh, that IS a good concept. I'd have kept the Pittsburgh gold and the original skating penguin, but the design is very very nice.

The Pittsburgh coat of arms as a secondary is a great idea too. The Pirates should also wear that, and maybe even the Steelers as well. Might as well go 3 for 3.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Agreed, that concept is fantastic. Adopt that with the original skating Penguin crest and you have a classic.

Unfortunately, it'll probably be a throwback giving some relief to the idiots wearing the Lemieux cup-era jerseys with "87 CROSBY." Man those people are terrible.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Archived