2010-2011 Pens alternate jersey

TAFKAK

How about the old black with a Rangers-style "Pittsburgh" diagonally on the jersey?

Even though that's how it originally was and revisited in the 90's, I hope to not see any type of wordmark as the main front of the jersey. I can see it now, a vegas gold jersey (like the Sens) that says Pens across the front with the skating penguin on the shoulder...or diagonal Pittsburgh across the chest the same way. :(

KISSwall09.jpg

From the Pittsburgh Tribune Review:

? The Penguins will wear their alternate, baby blue uniforms today ? marking only the second time since they debuted at the 2008 Winter Classic at Buffalo that they've worn those threads away from Mellon Arena. The Penguins are 2-0-0 in those games. They will wear their alternates for one more road game, not including possible away playoff contests. The club plans to introduce a new alternate uniform for its first season at Consol Energy Center, and there is continuing debate among team executives as to whether baby blue or navy blue will be part of that design.

So it hasn't been decided yet. Hopefully it's an all-new jersey.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

so I wonder if that means that it's either going to be baby blue or navy blue, or if it means that it might not be either of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Personally, I'd like to see one from this era:

apps_jr_tall.jpg

The Pens' colors were listed as MEDIUM Blue, Dark Blue and White. No Powder. This was the color scheme they had when I became a fan of the team in the mid-70s.

Syl Apps Jr. I remember. I'd like to see the Pens wear those uniforms again as a third.

I just hope they don't force every color they've ever had to please everyone like the Chargers did. I don't see what's so hard about wearing the colors they've had from the back half of 1980 to almost present day.

KISSwall09.jpg

I think the third jersey should be navy blue, with the skating penguin and NO circle around it. (Just to give a good background).

(side note: What is it about these teams wanting to do a uniform revamp whenever they open up a new stadium?)

bYhYmxh.png

I just hope they don't force every color they've ever had to please everyone like the Chargers did. I don't see what's so hard about wearing the colors they've had from the back half of 1980 to almost present day.

Ditto. What makes those colors perfect is that by wearing the "Pittsburgh gold" that the Steelers and Pirates wear, plus the black and white colors of a penguin, they really are the Pittsburgh Penguins. (Similarly, a penguin superimposed on the Golden Triangle that represents the three rivers' confluence also spells it right out.) It's all so perfect that you wonder how they could mess it up by wearing beige. The various shades of blue the Penguins have employed are pleasing in and of themselves, but they never looked right with a big yellow triangle slapped on 'em, and they're not as Pittsburghian as the black and gold.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived