Iron Bowl Uni's?

Slammersman

If that's true, I hope it inspires a chain reaction...Tigers beat Tide, Aggies beat Longhorns, Tide beat Gators in SEC Championship...

National title game: Bearcats vs. Horned Frogs! (Watch the network execs cry in their beer)

bYhYmxh.png

If that's true, I hope it inspires a chain reaction...Tigers beat Tide, Aggies beat Longhorns, Tide beat Gators in SEC Championship...

National title game: Bearcats vs. Horned Frogs! (Watch the network execs cry in their beer)

If Bama losses to Auburn and the beats Fla in the Championship game. The experts say Bama still goes to the National Championship Game.

Plus any team that has changed there Uni color for a game with us have gone down in a blow out. Georgia, 2008 Black, and Miss St. 2009 Black.

Or Cincy loses to Pitt, creating a rematch of last year's Poinsettia Bowl--this time for the national championship!

Horned Frogs vs. Broncos

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Auburn in orange looks good in my head; we'll have to see about it though.

As for BCS, the only chance for a school like TCU to get in (I think Cincy's too far back) is for A&M to beat Texas, Alabama/Florida to lose before the SEC title game (then the same team must lose again in the SEC), then Texas to lose the Big XII to Nebraska.

Two teams ahead of TCU gotta get two losses. That's how much the BCS doesn't respect the Frogs.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Auburn in orange looks good in my head; we'll have to see about it though.

As for BCS, the only chance for a school like TCU to get in (I think Cincy's too far back) is for A&M to beat Texas, Alabama/Florida to lose before the SEC title game (then the same team must lose again in the SEC), then Texas to lose the Big XII to Nebraska.

Two teams ahead of TCU gotta get two losses. That's how much the BCS doesn't respect the Frogs.

That is what I am hearing. TCU has better chance that Cincy just because they are higher but 3 teams have to have a melt down for a SEC and a Texas not get in.

Which is strange considering that Cincinnati actually plays in a BCS conference. I don't understand. So, it's fine a couple years ago when Pat White and West Virginia were all set up to play in the National Championship Game before losing to Pitt in their final game, and it's fine when South Florida or Boston College climbs up to #2 in the middle of a season, but there's a colossal negative reaction if Cincinnati (same league, same schedule) actually has a chance to earn their spot by going through the season undefeated? I have yet to understand why Cincinnati is getting less respect and is less likely to play for the National Championship than TCU at this point in time.

I'm even more puzzled as to why Boise St. is getting the least respect of all three, since they have a Fiesta Bowl win under their belts already, as well as a win over the (likely) Pac 10 champions this season. True, the Mountain West and Big East are better than the WAC, but neither TCU nor Cincinnat played a nonconf team that's the caliber of Oregon. 'Experts' keep spouting off about how the bowls will choose at large teams based on how many fans will travel and how many fans will tune in on TV and thus, LSU, USC and Miami still have a shot at being at large BCS selections despite being ranked in the low teens of the BCS (USC is 20th). Truth be told, I think more people will tune in for Boise State than the same ol' same ol' boring LSU or USC games based ont he fact that it's exciting to see a new face in the crowd and the fact that the first time Boise St. played a BCS game, it ended up being (quite possibly) the most exciting college football game of the decade.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Which is strange considering that Cincinnati actually plays in a BCS conference. I don't understand. So, it's fine a couple years ago when Pat White and West Virginia were all set up to play in the National Championship Game before losing to Pitt in their final game, and it's fine when South Florida or Boston College climbs up to #2 in the middle of a season, but there's a colossal negative reaction if Cincinnati (same league, same schedule) actually has a chance to earn their spot by going through the season undefeated? I have yet to understand why Cincinnati is getting less respect and is less likely to play for the National Championship than TCU at this point in time.

I'm even more puzzled as to why Boise St. is getting the least respect of all three, since they have a Fiesta Bowl win under their belts already, as well as a win over the (likely) Pac 10 champions this season. True, the Mountain West and Big East are better than the WAC, but neither TCU nor Cincinnat played a nonconf team that's the caliber of Oregon. 'Experts' keep spouting off about how the bowls will choose at large teams based on how many fans will travel and how many fans will tune in on TV and thus, LSU, USC and Miami still have a shot at being at large BCS selections despite being ranked in the low teens of the BCS (USC is 20th). Truth be told, I think more people will tune in for Boise State than the same ol' same ol' boring LSU or USC games based ont he fact that it's exciting to see a new face in the crowd and the fact that the first time Boise St. played a BCS game, it ended up being (quite possibly) the most exciting college football game of the decade.

The BCS is all about filling the stadiums and the money. Boise State, Cincinnati and TCU are nice stories, but they don't have the cachet of the big boys. I'm not saying it's right, quite the contrary. It's just the BCS exists to make more money, not to set up a de facto playoff.

Personally, I think Boise State should join the Mountain West and then the conference should become a BCS one...I mean with Boise State, TCU, Utah, and BYU, that's a good core of conference weight right there! (better than the ACC or Big East's Top 4 most times)

bYhYmxh.png

Personally, I think Boise State should join the Mountain West and then the conference should become a BCS one...I mean with Boise State, TCU, Utah, and BYU, that's a good core of conference weight right there! (better than the ACC or Big East's Top 4 most times)

yea cause BYU really did well when they played Florida State; i wonder if they would do something where Auburn would wear blue and Bama would wear crimson

The issue I've heard is Boise's Academic Record doesn't even compete with the ones of the MWC.

6fQjS3M.png

Ain't this supposed to be a thread about possible orange Auburn jerseys?

Me personally...i definitely wouldn't mind seeing Auburn doing it. And it'd actually be rather easy for them to pull off, as well...though I wonder if they'd have to either outline the jersey numbers or use that drop shadow they had throughout the '90s.

But sure...yeah, let's see Auburn bust out some orange jerseys. And, just for the heck of it, Alabama can trot out the white helmets from the '50s (?) as well...give the Iron Bowl a fresh feel for 2009.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ain't this supposed to be a thread about possible orange Auburn jerseys?

Me personally...i definitely wouldn't mind seeing Auburn doing it. And it'd actually be rather easy for them to pull off, as well...though I wonder if they'd have to either outline the jersey numbers or use that drop shadow they had throughout the '90s.

But sure...yeah, let's see Auburn bust out some orange jerseys. And, just for the heck of it, Alabama can trot out the white helmets from the '50s (?) as well...give the Iron Bowl a fresh feel for 2009.

I agree. The Terry Bowden era unis looked real good with the orange drop-shadow.

I doubt it will happen, but I'd be curious of the execution for an unrelated reason.

I do play by play for a high school team that went to great lengths to look just like Auburn when it opened 30+ years ago (Dickson County Cougars, Dickson, TN)...then added an orange alternate a few years back. I haven't seen confirmation of whether or not the alt has changed at all...but this year, it was too bright (almost Tennessee orange), had no trim or details (no AUB stripes or anything), and had plain numbers (I think in a different font than the home and road) done in white with a plain navy outline. Plus, they were worn with the team's plain navy football pants (no stripes)...meaning white helmets, off the rack dull-yet-too-bright orange tops with hard to read numbers, and plain blue pants. Triple color + no details + hard to read numbers = ClusterFAIL.

I'm curious to see how an orange top would look with the proper accoutrements, with white pants, and with the proper colors. Then I could take pictures to the coaches and tell them that's how it's supposed to look.

Side note, the kids continue to prove that kids have little uni taste, as they love the all blue look, the all white look, and that hideous alt mess outlined above. I have no real love for the War Eagles, but they have maybe the best look in college football when it's done right...why mess with it?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived