NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

So Dallas gets to play dress-up with the AFL, not once (vs. KC), but twice??

Are the 'Boys gonna wear throwbacks when they play San Diego as well? <_<

Considering the importance of the Cowboys franchise to the birth and direction of the AFL, it's sort of apprapos.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the importance of the Cowboys franchise to the birth and direction of the AFL, it's sort of apprapos.

Actually, a better name for those Cowboy unis would be "fauxbacks".

Actually, a better name for those Cowboy unis would be "fauxbacks".

And a better name for the AFL, and all throwbacks league wide, would be "overkill".

6uXNWAo.png

...and NFL Play 60 logos adorn the field though it's between the 15 and 25 on the right side of the field on the broadcast view but the left side it's between the 25 and 35...

However it's likely intentional because the NFL logo in the play 60 logos are on the 25 yard lines....

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Reporting live from section 301 of the meadowlands...jets in green with green pants white socks and Carolina is in all white with their blue socks..

The Jets are rocking the 'Christmas tree' look for the first time in '09. Yesssssssssss! :D

6uXNWAo.png

Whole lotta orange goin' on in Cincinnati...Browns and their orange domes versus the Bengals in their alternate orange tops, with orange socks to match.

Two things...one, the Bengals really need to lose those white side panels on those jerseys, as that would make the orange the superior look in my mind; and two, if the Browns are going to continue wearing those brown pants, so long as they continue to do so while pairing them with the white striped socks, I'm cool with it. The look has grown on me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There have been a spate of pictures showing Giants' helmet decals missing, but the NFL Network just showed a replay of Osi Umenyiora jawing with Kyle Orton and in the background, a Bronco player had a "y" from a Giants helmet stuck to his head. Anybody see that or can get a screen grab? I'll keep an eye on the photo wire to see if anything shows up.

If you remember the quarter and approximate clock time, I'll get a screenshot off NFL Game Rewind.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm watching the Falcons-Bucs game and I didn't really realize how much I liked the Bucs pewter-white-pewter combo until now...there is just something about it that I love, it's probably one of the more unique looks (the large amount of pewter I mean) in the league, and when the pant stripes match the numbers so perfectly like they do now...it's really nice looking. However, I'm not crazy about the Bucs in white pants.

Whole lotta orange goin' on in Cincinnati...Browns and their orange domes versus the Bengals in their alternate orange tops, with orange socks to match.

Two things...one, the Bengals really need to lose those white side panels on those jerseys, as that would make the orange the superior look in my mind; and two, if the Browns are going to continue wearing those brown pants, so long as they continue to do so while pairing them with the white striped socks, I'm cool with it. The look has grown on me.

If the Bengals orange jerseys looked like this

ochocinco.png

then I would not have a problem with the orange jerseys being the primaries. But right now, I hate the white side stripe (don't like it on the black jersey either) and I hate how the sleeves are black with orange stripes, which is incorrect if you've ever seen a tiger. The white jerseys have this same problem.

another note: Minnesota is not in all-purple, they are in the killer throwbacks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The uniform colors in this Chiefs-Chargers game are simply BEAUTIFUL. Chiefs in white jerseys/red pants vs. Chargers in powder blue jerseys/white pants looks so incredible I want to cry. I might need to tape this game, I know for sure a picture of it is making my desktop. It's truly the most magically satisfying uniform matchup I have ever beheld.

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

I heard a couple rumors on various sites saying that the Vikings will go with purple jerseys and pants today. Let's all hope these rumors are true, it's just something different!

Nope the Vikings are wearing the MISMATCHED Purple Helmet with the BORING purple jersey. Old school is garbage sometimes and this is one of those times.

4267596-wir-bears-vikings-football-11_30_2008-21-18-22.jpg

spacer.png

I heard a couple rumors on various sites saying that the Vikings will go with purple jerseys and pants today. Let's all hope these rumors are true, it's just something different!

Nope the Vikings are wearing the MISMATCHED Purple Helmet with the BORING purple jersey. Old school is garbage sometimes and this is one of those times.

4267596-wir-bears-vikings-football-11_30_2008-21-18-22.jpg

I respectfully disagree sir. Those Vikings throwbacks are, helmet aside, superior to the current over piped/panelled mess they usually wear these days.

IDK Bucco, I've grown to like the white side panel. It reminds me of the underbelly of a tiger (which is also white). It also gives the uniform a little something else other than just Orange and Black. The only thing that I find fault with this and their other uniforms is the number font. I wish they'd gone with something a little less rounded and a bit more traditional.

IDK Bucco, I've grown to like the white side panel. It reminds me of the underbelly of a tiger (which is also white). It also gives the uniform a little something else other than just Orange and Black. The only thing that I find fault with this and their other uniforms is the number font. I wish they'd gone with something a little less rounded and a bit more traditional.

I agree with you about the number font...the Din-esque numbers have never grown on me. Maybe if they were bolder and, well, not Din-esque...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived