NFL Pro Combat Series

CDixonDesign

So I was inspired by JGSmith's concept thread if the Pro Combat and SOD thread moved into the NFL and NBA, So I decided to try my hand at coming up with a few creative ideas if Nike took over the NFL with the Pro Combat series as well....

I started with the Carolina Panthers, not too much "out of the box" here, but i've got some great ideas for additional teams, thought I would start clean:

CarolinaPanthers_ProCombat.png

What do you guys think? I know there aren't many changes logo wise, I figured It was a good idea to start with them...

C+C Welcome! Thanks,

Clif

CDixonDesign

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this. My only gripe is the number font, I think a more modern number font would look better. I'm looking forward to what you can come up with for the Broncos.

EDIT- Also for consistency's sake, I would flip the blue and the grey on the black pants. That way they match the stripes on the black shirt.

jNTsTyQ.png

I think TalktoChuck hit the nail on the head. One of the big changes we have seen with Nike Pro Combat is the number font. Carolina would look great with some custom slash-mark numbers. I look forward to seeing how you do some of the simpler teams out there.

Thanks for the compliments guys, on some designs, I felt the TV numbers would conflict too much with the flywire, so I didn't include them,

Here's my next, the New England Patriots. I'm not as sold on these as I thought I would be, they may come off a bit too much Evil Kanevil if you know what I mean...

New England:

NEPatriots_ProCombat.png

Well if you do a bird one feathers would look neat, it would probably work best for the Seahawks since they are a darker color. Or maybe the Ravens. The Redskins/Chiefs could work as like a head dress or something like that.

Maybe claw marks for a team like the Panthers, Jags or Bears, probably not the Bengals since they are known for their stripes.

You could also make a subtle star pattern on the Cowboys helmet, light grey stars on a white helmet maybe.

As for the texans you could make on side of the helmet red and the other blue. Add the star eye on each side and put the outline of the horns. That would be very cool and original.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I may try a more modern typestyle, got some good ideas, however, here's one I kinda went further out of the box with:

Pittsburgh Steelers:

Steelers_ProCombat.png

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I present to you the first legitimate Pittsburgh Steelers concept on this board.

I congratulate you on creating a concept that keeps with tradition and modernizes the Steelers look. I still wouldn't trade the Steelers' current look for anything, but this is excellent

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Archived