Quebec Nordiques uniforms

gojetsgo

Go to the 13 minute mark of the video to see an interview with the logo and uniform designer. Nothing too in depth, but he does talk about his desire to have the team wear just blue, and skip the red to be different from "that other team."

http://www.yathehabsrule.com/2009/11/nfb-film-gives-early-look-at-quebec.html

Worth a watch. There's other general hockey goodness to watch in there too.

Go to the 13 minute mark of the video to see an interview with the logo and uniform designer. Nothing too in depth, but he does talk about his desire to have the team wear just blue, and skip the red to be different from "that other team."

Reebok must've designed the socks.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Reebok must've designed the socks.

Hmm. Upon further inspection...some of the socks appear to have a red patch on the knee, others do not.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

And upon further inspection to that, it's just the cut pants hanging over the knees.

What a great way to make 3 wasteful posts.

Spoiler

The hell is this opening song? Old NFB stuff is so fun.

Guy had a good point about not using the Canadiens' color scheme. I like the double-blue Igloo N more than the blue and red one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The hell is this opening song? Old NFB stuff is so fun.

Guy had a good point about not using the Canadiens' color scheme. I like the double-blue Igloo N more than the blue and red one.

It also gives a cooler feel to their look, though the Light (French?) Blue/Red look that Quebec initially had certainly was unique for hockey in the day (and, as far as the NHL goes, still is, as Atlanta doesn't have that much red in their light blue uniform).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Too right. I've always liked the Nordiques logo, but something about it looked out of place for a hockey team. It had the feel of a mid-1970s corporate logo; could just as easily been for an iron-mining company with the initials NL as a hockey club. Something about the version with deep royal blue instead of red brings it back into the realm of specifically sports logos for me. Turns a very good but somewhat flawed and dated logo into a truly great sports logo.

20082614447.png

Archived