carolina panthers

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ziu6b9.png

heres the what may be the final update. if i change anything dramatically from here it would be just eliminating the silver boarder whic im not sure is needed (wouldnt matter any way on silver helmets). i know it still has eye brows but im happy with them

This looks stellar (corny, I know. My bad.) but just wondering why the top of the tongue isn't even with the canines? Also, I agree that you should go back to the Panthers' current shade of blue for this logo. Are you gonna make some uniforms too? I DO hope so...

the face should be at about a 3/4 turn so the toungue shouldnt line up as a "head on" shot. it may be my rendering of the facial features that is throwing off the degree of the face more than the teeth but ill see what i can do. oh, and see 2 post up for a big update :)

*facepalm*

I was typing my reply just as you were posting your update. As for your post, I like the switch back to electric blue. Your " Cardinals-like" update is subtle yet effective. I also like how you posted fan gear with your logo. It's easier to imagine its marketing potential that way IMO. The uniform template reminds me a bit too much of the Jaguars. Make the sleeve cuffs the same color as the jersey. Maybe try some Cincinatti Bearcat stripes/clawmarks on the pants. Put the logo on the sleeve as well. And for clarity sakes, are they wearing black cleats or white cleats with this uni?

i do like the idea of claw marks. ill tinker with that. as for cleats, if were up to me every team would wear black

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 1 year later...

everything is done. because theres so many pages, ill just direct you here: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Panthers-concept/483924 i forgot you cant enlarge the images in Behance so you probably wont be able to read the small type but its not that important anyways. :)

2jbthk8.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Bravo. Very nicely done, excellent presentation. I am very impressed and really like how it all came together. I guess the only thing I don't really care for is the silver helmet, I think it would look better black. That way you would have black blue black. But, the logo would probably get lost in that so I see why you kept it silver. These are the types of concepts I like seeing when I come here!

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

thanks guys!

the reason for keeping the helmet the same is to not get too far from what i think they got right. its a tough decision when considering the Lions have the same look, silver with black mask and black/blue cat logo. but personally i dont think it would be better any other way except for maybe removing the stripes. it was a "if it aint broke dont fix it" decision.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Very very nice! Wonderful presentation. I'd definitely have white pants or grey pants (but not both), just so the home uniform isn't so mismatched.

i know what you mean, but that was one of ways i thought i could separate them from the Lions. and not too many teams have a "3 piece" look with helmet, jersey, pants being different colors. i actually like it. and the Bulldogs like in your avatar i think look great too

GRAPHIC ARTIST

The Panthers need to be wearing this NOW!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Great work Brandon. But I would also add a pair of white or silver pants.

Also, where did you get that T-Shirt template in the SWAG section?

first one on this list http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/freebies/huge-collecton-of-tshirt-design-mockup-templates

edit - seems that site is down now. PM me your email and ill send it to you

2j61kxl.png

i love this look. not opposed to grey pants at all. it just scares me that its SO much like the Lions

GRAPHIC ARTIST

first one on this list http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/freebies/huge-collecton-of-tshirt-design-mockup-templates

2j61kxl.png

i love this look. not opposed to grey pants at all. it just scares me that its SO much like the Lions

Man, that's a beautiful upgrade, specifically the home and away uniforms. You even made their alternate uniforms (my least favorite alternate NFL uniform currently) look really good. Plus, I love what you did with the Panthers whiskers, as that's one of the main problems that I have with their current identity. It makes the panther-head logo look more like a housecat than an actual panther, not to mention it's fangs are seemingly not as prominent as they are with your version of the logo.

2j61kxl.png

Other than the Lions and Panthers wearing blue, silver and black and having feline mascots, I disagree about it being like the lions.

BUT HOLY MACKREL IT IS GORGEOUS!

I have to say I really like the uni's I think they are a big improvement. I LOVE the layout of your design proposal it looks incredibly professional and really sets everything out in a well order sensible manner and presents all your work at it's best.

The only thing that I feel is letting this down is the word mark. It's just painfully generic to my eye. There's nothing about it, that when seen in isolation, even insinuates panthers to me. While I'm sure it's not a standard block font on first glance that's how it looks. It would be great for use on nameplates or something like that, but imo it just doesn't have enough character to be a successful logotype. Like I said there's nothing about it that even whispers panther, let alone shouts or screams it! It's static, that's it I cant think of another word for it. IMO the most successfull logotypes convey the same message and characteristics as the primary logo does. When seen on it's own you should get a feel for what the team is even if you cant speak the language. A logotype for the panthers should feel sleek dnagerous and feline. The one you've currently got could be used to set the name of any current NFL team in their colours and would sell really well as a peice of merchandise, but it's not personal enough to the Panthers to fulfil the role you've currently given it.

Like I said really like most of what you've done here, the whole presentation file is brilliant, but the wordmark still needs work.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived