NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

The Jets' throwbacks need to go far far away. They should be left in a ditch.

And you know what, I've switched sides on the creamsicle Bucs. I used to feel that they were intrinsically ugly and also tainted with the futility of the teams that wore them. And yet somehow I can't resist.

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same camp. You instantly associate them with failure, and the NFC Central team of your choice stomping a mudhole in them on a regular basis. And yet they Look. So. Damn. Good. I mean, I love their current look (to the point where I actually laid out $40 for an Errict Rhett jersey back in 1997,) but the throwback look is so good, it's hard to argue with them trotting that out once or twice a year.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Pats will still be wearing throwbacks this weekend despite the time change. I wonder if the Dolphins are too. Look at the retro helmet in this press release link.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=pressreleasesdetail&pid=40644&pcid=47

Thanks for the link.

UGH! I'm getting pretty tired of all of these throwbacks. The NFL won't let teams have alternate helmets because it "dilutes the brand" yet they insist on stuffing these overused boring throwbacks down our throats every other week; As if THAT doesn't dilute the brand too. Ever since NFL Shop starting selling throwback t-shirts, sweat shirts and random gear we've seen a notable increase in throwbacks year after year. I guess its still all about the $$$$$$$$$

settle down there. its just a uniform. sit down and enjoy the game. no sense in blowing your load over multiple uses of the throwback uniforms.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The Jets' throwbacks need to go far far away. They should be left in a ditch.

And you know what, I've switched sides on the creamsicle Bucs. I used to feel that they were intrinsically ugly and also tainted with the futility of the teams that wore them. And yet somehow I can't resist.

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same camp. You instantly associate them with failure, and the NFC Central team of your choice stomping a mudhole in them on a regular basis. And yet they Look. So. Damn. Good. I mean, I love their current look (to the point where I actually laid out $40 for an Errict Rhett jersey back in 1997,) but the throwback look is so good, it's hard to argue with them trotting that out once or twice a year.

We all love them down here, and we always have. Yes, they were synonymous with the losing seasons and futility they experienced in those jerseys. But the Bucco Bruce unis symbolized that we had an NFL team all to our own and, good or bad, we would stand behind them, which we always have.

Tampa Bay sports fans get a bad reputation as a group of bandwagon fans, with the sudden surge in the Rays attendance and the rise (and subsequent fall) of the Lightning popularity during and after their Stanley Cup Championship. In reality, while we may not sell out of every game (though for years until recently, the Bucs did), we are a loyal sports fanbase, and I think that's what Bucco Bruce stands for in our eyes.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I'm really starting to like this trend of the Redskins wearing their burgundy jerseys on their home field...if only because I get so sick of seeing the white jerseys damn near all the time.

Now, if someone could only pass that memo along to the Dolphins and Cowboys...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Looks like Seattle is another team out there. While the Navy pants aren't the normal blue, it still is a huge improvement!

What?! They've been messing around with their pant choices lately so I thought we'd see blue jersey-white pants today. So instead of going with white pants like the good lord intended they go the opposite direction and wear the darkerblueneongreenjersey pants? I can't imagine that looks better than their usual scuba suit.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Looks like Seattle is another team out there. While the Navy pants aren't the normal blue, it still is a huge improvement!

Wait, what? Is Seattle wearing the alt navy pants this week as opposed to the regular puget blue (or whatever the f they call it) pants? What color jerseys? I hope blue - the navy pants would suck with the white jerseys. Need to find pics...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wait, what? Is Seattle wearing the alt navy pants this week as opposed to the regular puget blue (or whatever the f they call it) pants? What color jerseys? I hope blue - the navy pants would suck with the white jerseys. Need to find pics...

Seahawks (or Pacific) Blue jerseys, Dark Navy pants. Looks like a mistake, to be perfectly honest...I didn't notice at first, until I saw a close-up.

Puget Slate (my made-up name...they call it "Seahawk blue") tops over navy pants...with navy socks. From TV camera angle it's damn near pointless, since the hues of the two blues are so close together...it may come out better in photos.

I'll try and get a screencap if I can...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

The Seahawks look like idiots. I would've thought I'd prefer the snooze-blue jerseys over navy more than the usual nasty sleepy-blue monos, but this just looks... dumb. With those navy socks, its like they've got on navy slacks. Now they look even more like an arena 2 team. C'mon, how hard can it be? Wear yawn-blue jersys with white pants and then at least you can know you'll be in the middle of the NFL pack, uniform-wise.

I know this point's been beaten before, but...the NY Giants's jerseys look positively nasty on some of those players...particularly Osi Umeniyora, who may as well be wearing a Nike SoD basketball top.

Also...does anyone know what's up with the bow-tie thing going on with some of the Cowboys' jerseys?

A couple of looks that need to come back (simple switching of pants within current identities):

Seahawks

2008140546.jpg

(Sorry. Couldn't really find a better picture)

Bills

3836061332_8d26fc3138_o.jpg

Switching back to white pants with the home tops would improve these looks greatly. Well, as great as the Bills can look with the current mess they have.

I love how in any Seahawks concept on the boards people always give them an alternate Navy blue jersey. These pants are why that alternate Navy blue jersey would never happen. That color is too close to their regular blue to be used as anything but a trim color. From a distance it doesn't even look like they're wearing anything different. I'd bet more than half the people watching the game haven't even noticed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Man, those, just look pointless. Not really "bad" just pointless. The two blues are just so close that a separate pants set just looks like a sweaty version of the primary set. There just isn't enough contrast between the two blues.

Archived