New York Giants pro combat & logos

chestnutz

Been meaning to do something like this for a while, as I've always been in love with the Giants 70's era Bluejays-esque NY. Hate the Giants, but I wanted to make it into a concept.

So yeah, just did my own iteration of that double-outline logo. New wordmark as well.

Decided to throw my hat into the pro combat craze, and these uniforms are much more modern than what they've ever had. Used a variation on some shoulder stiping, cut them a bit short, and used red piping. Pants are true to the pro combat ones. Inspired by the Lawrence Taylor era uniforms (blue-white-blue for away).

C&C

giants-logo.png

giants-uniforms.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I'm not so sure I like the logo being italicized. I like the reinvention of the 70s logo, but the slant seems unnecesarry. And I like the team name logo. What would it look like if you had the top part of the G run over every letter? or eliminate it to make it all the same height?

bufg.png

I like your bringing back the GIANTS wordmark but I do not like the NY you have better than the one they use. I like how the lower case 'n' is a mirror image of the top of the 'y' yours doesnt have that, nor is it as easy to read. it's still okay. maybe with more space between the NY or not having them connect and it would be better. IDK just my thoughts

I think that the shoulder stripes and piping are totally incongruous together, so I would go with one or the other. I'm also not a fan of the gray if it's just sparsely used. The wordmark seems a bit too large currently.

Also, minor nitpick, but on the pro combat pants the stripes wrap around at the bottom of the pants.

Been meaning to do something like this for a while, as I've always been in love with the Giants 70's era Bluejays-esque NY. Hate the Giants, but I wanted to make it into a concept.

So yeah, just did my own iteration of that double-outline logo. New wordmark as well.

Decided to throw my hat into the pro combat craze, and these uniforms are much more modern than what they've ever had. Used a variation on some shoulder stiping, cut them a bit short, and used red piping. Pants are true to the pro combat ones. Inspired by the Lawrence Taylor era uniforms (blue-white-blue for away).

C&C

giants-logo.png

giants-uniforms.png

I don't like this version! I like 'old school'! How about the 'old school' Giant's helmet logo... but with a new uniform following the 'old school'style?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Thanks all for the critiques. Here's update 1

-Tweaked the primary logo. Instead of the awkward square that made the y, it's now diagonal like an upside down N.

-Got rid of the gray everywhere, just complicated everything and couldn't make it work.

-Made the G the same size as the rest of the wordmark.

-Got rid of the red stripe on the helmet.

-Changed the shoulder stripe, think this looks cleaner.

-Changed the pants stripe as well, making it match the jersey.

-Added the phrase "BIG BLUE" on the back of the collar.

-Facemask now white.

giants-logo2.png

giants-uniforms2.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

You. Wrote. Big. Blue. In. Red.

jk, that doesn't bother me. If you are going the angled "Y" look, then why not mirror or match an existing angle in the "N"? Might make it feel right. Right now it seems a bit off, but it's probably just me. My only other problem is the number font. Just doesn't seem to fit an up-to-date look like this. Everything else is fantastic.

no outline on the word 'giants' and the top right tip of the 'n' should either flatten off or it should protrude higher so that the central blue between the double line is at the top of the x height.

not the tip of the outer most white line.

I like the updated uniforms and wordmark, but I prefer your first primary logo. Not only do I think it's superior to your revised version, I think it's also better then what the Giants currently use.

I like the updated uniforms and wordmark, but I prefer your first primary logo. Not only do I think it's superior to your revised version, I think it's also better then what the Giants currently use.

I agree. The first primary looked fine. The second one was an attempt to create symmetry with the "n" and the "y," when there was no need to. It just looks forced.

I say stick with your first primary.

I'm liking the update, but I have a few issues with it. I like the logo, but I don't like that it's italicized. I also think that you should keep the red stripe and gray face mask, it just makes it feel more like the Giants. I mirror what someone else said about adding more red, as the stripes and color pallet are giving it a colts vibe. Last thing, I agree about what someone said about the numbers. They need to be more modern to fit the modern style of the uniforms. Maybe you could make them match the primary logo... just kidding. :P

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

man i think the update looks awesome love the new jerseys in the update, i like the old logo better maybe add some red to it somewhere like the inside line and in the word mark maybe put the red color like the gray shading in the first one i dont know i love the concept thought, great work.

2u3xe8m.jpg

Archived