Gators in all-white, helmet and uniform

dmhtfld

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what bothers me about the helmets are that they are so similar to Miami's helmets. I think the gator oval logo would've looked better than the italicized F.

That's a good point. I'm a fan, for some reason, of the letter logos for college. However, if they are going to have that white helmet, then yes, they need to separate themselves better. The Gator that you speak of, would be better.

The helmet stripe on their orange helmet doesn't match their jerseys either, so I'm not sure what the original poster is complaining about.

Oh but it does, the helmet is a blue-white-blue stripe on an orange background. The jersey and pants stripe is also a blue-white-blue stripe on an orange background. You have the consistency of the blue-white-blue stripe across the board. It looks especially good when worn with the orange pants that seem to have been retired.

Tate%20Casey%20bobbles%20then%20snares%20a%20Chris%20Leak%20pass%20over%20the%20middle.jpg

It only matches the stripes on their orange pants, which they basically never wear. It doesn't match the blue or white pants or jerseys.

The helmet stripe on their orange helmet doesn't match their jerseys either, so I'm not sure what the original poster is complaining about.

Oh but it does, the helmet is a blue-white-blue stripe on an orange background. The jersey and pants stripe is also a blue-white-blue stripe on an orange background. You have the consistency of the blue-white-blue stripe across the board. It looks especially good when worn with the orange pants that seem to have been retired.

Tate%20Casey%20bobbles%20then%20snares%20a%20Chris%20Leak%20pass%20over%20the%20middle.jpg

It only matches the stripes on their orange pants, which they basically never wear. It doesn't match the blue or white pants or jerseys.

Yes it does. The Stripes on the Sleeves are Orange/Blue/White/Blue/Orange, its the same on the Helmet, it just has an all orange background.

I also thought it was preety sharp other then the stripes not matching up, I'm not sure we will ever see this look again though.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Pay attention.

Yes it does. The Stripes on the Sleeves are Orange/Blue/White/Blue/Orange, its the same on the Helmet, it just has an all orange background.

Right

Here's a visual aid I made awhile back if that explanation didn't make sense

floridastripes.png

and this picture shows all three in action

chris_leak_5.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

what bothers me about the helmets are that they are so similar to Miami's helmets. I think the gator oval logo would've looked better than the italicized F.

I noticed that it looked very similar to Miami. Infact when the Nike website released the unis (the pic with all the guys from the teams standing next to eachother) I thought Florida's was Miami. Although I do like the procombat helmet it does remind me of Miami.

oregonsig.png

Right

Here's a visual aid I made awhile back if that explanation didn't make sense

floridastripes.png

and this picture shows all three in action

chris_leak_5.jpg

Exactly. Just some more visual evidence on why the Gators are possibly the most consistent team in football when it comes to aesthetics.

CharlestonSouthernvFloridacZFyJ4Vpb.jpg

alg_gators_tebow.jpg

Anyway, the Gators' current helmet script does suck, but I'm not sure I like the oval Gator either. I've always been fond of this one though....

9ru6ujcdibakxn9gfege.gif

U guise iz stoopit. Dey haff ta where da scrip helmit bcuz dey one champyunships wif dem!!!@3456 Steev Spuryer n Dany Wirfful n Urbin Myers n Tim Teebone al one n dese helmits!!!@#4 Itz histury! Itz tradishin!

It was entirely too much white, and they didn't particularly look like "The Gators" but I like the helmet (as has been said, it's light years better than the uber lame Gators script shell). What's even better is that they lost in them. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I have a pretty good idea on how the U.FLA FBS program should look:

1).The headgear should be an orange shell with blue-white-blue

stripe with a slanted blue "F" outlined in white[with or w/o

drop shadow]and a white facemask.

2).Their blue jerseys are just fine,but the "Gators" script

should remain white with blue trim outlined in orange.

3).Leave the pants alone,just make the logo and stripes

slightly thicker.

Their away just would remain the same.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

I'm thinking those blue pants from the all-blue PC look and the white jersey/white shell would be a winner. Possibly reverse the orange and blue on those pants for a different look. Overall I like the idea, but the execution on the all white just did nothing for me.

Archived