Gators in all-white, helmet and uniform

dmhtfld

Exactly. Just some more visual evidence on why the Gators are possibly the most consistent team in football when it comes to aesthetics.

And some more visual evidence that this type of consistency (sometimes called 'stripe-matching') does not breed great aesthetics, as the Gators look is very pedestrian and uncreative. 'The easy way out' if you will. I love stripes and I love classic uniforms, but the Gators just don't do it for me because they're so... consistent. Bleh.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. Just some more visual evidence on why the Gators are possibly the most consistent team in football when it comes to aesthetics.

And some more visual evidence that this type of consistency (sometimes called 'stripe-matching') does not breed great aesthetics, as the Gators look is very pedestrian and uncreative. 'The easy way out' if you will. I love stripes and I love classic uniforms, but the Gators just don't do it for me because they're so... consistent. Bleh.

Imma go with Andrew on this one, in regards to the "easy way out" thing. Far too often, some people get entirely too wrapped around the axle about "stripes matching throughout" and such. It is possible to have a great traditional look without utilizing 100% stripe matching, and I can think of no better example than the Cleveland Browns (when they wear striped socks)...traditional triple stripe on helmet and pants; five-stripe job on sleeves and said socks (again, when they wear them). A different type of consistent, but consistent nonetheless. Now, none of this is to say I don't like the Gators' current uniforms, as I would rank them in the top 10 of college football unis out there (odd, as a devout Seminole), but rather, to say that striping arrangements do not have to be 100% consistent across the board in order to achieve a great look.

One other thing...this "storm-trooper" look for UF might be okay as a one-game thing, but I would NEVER want to see the Gators revert to a white shell with white pants a la their throwback/Steve Spurrier era look. I'd prefer they keep the orange shells (and get that ridiculous "Gators" script up off there) and rediscover their orqnge pants, if for no other reason than I'd prefer orange and blue (and in that order, actually) to stand out, being that those are, in fact, the official colors of the state of Florida. (In fact, for a good period of the '80s, the Gators actually went with orange jerseys rather than blue as home primaries...another reason why I'd like to see an orange alternate jersey for UF at some point.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Florida in anything but an orange helmet = fail. Everytime. There are somethings that are essential to a team's identity. The helmet is one of them. I could say the same thing about Ohio State with their white "throwback" helmet.

And another thing. :cursing: These pro combat uniforms are not throwbacks or fauxbacks. They are just wrong.

And another thing. :cursing: Pro Combat. Really? Seth Myers. You design a uniform set for college teams and start off by calling it PRO. With the schools involved, Ohio State, Florida, etc. that might be correct. and then there's the COMBAT part. What part of Kellen Winslow Jr. calling himself a soldier did people not realize was stupid the first time. College football players are not in COMBAT. Our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan are. :flagusa:

The whole Pro Combat experiment is offensive and degrading.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Agree to disagree then, I suppose.

ANYTHING looks better than this!....

floridaminihelmet.jpg

I agree. I hate the Gators and it pains me to say anything nice about them, but I totally dig the white helmet.

The all white unis can cause snow blindness, so be careful and don't stare at them for too long.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Anyway, the Gators' current helmet script does suck, but I'm not sure I like the oval Gator either. I've always been fond of this one though....

9ru6ujcdibakxn9gfege.gif

I agree, that logo would look GREAT on a white helmet...but it does look more like a dinosaur of some kind than a gator. :D

87Redskins.png

Archived