UF, FSU, and The U

raysox

I've been working on these for the last week, but I just get to post them after the Gators lose! This set of concepts are for the 3 major teams in Florida, UF, FSU, and The U. Come to think of it, all of these were influenced by the Nike Pro Combat set they wore.

REDO 16/120 Florida

Since my last one sucked, here's my new Gators concept. I used the stripes they have now, but changed them slightly. All of their stripes go Orange-Blue-White-Blue-Orange. I made the middle stripe the colour of the body of the jersey. Then on the middle stripe, I added a gator skin pattern. pretty revolutionary. I wasn't a fan of the white helmets, until the Pro Combat set was played in. I used it here. I brought back the Orange jerseys that Emmit Smith wore during his tenure in Gainesville. Here it is!

Florida2.png

Close up of the stripes.

UF2.png

24/120 Florida State

Since this was one of the best Pro Combat sets released, I based this concept off of it. Lets see... I used the updated numbers. I used the feather from that set on the collars, and pants. The arrow is an updated one, that I found online. I believe it's Rare Design's. I put the FSU logo on the sleeves. The alternate is an all black for the Unconquered tradition.

FSU1.png

25/120 Miami

Pro Combat focused on an aspect of the logo. Part orange, part green. The numbers were, and on the stripe on the pants, both sides were different. I had an idea like this, but never finished. I did that idea on the white jersey. I pretty much made up most of the rest, like the little stripes at the end of each big stripe. The sleeve cuffs are 2 different colours, see my nifty presentation for that. Oh! I made the primary orange, a throwback to the Burney Kosar era.

Miami.png

Comments, yo.

I might take a break for a few weeks on the NCAA concepts. I have baseball conditioning, no ideas, and an idea for a truly EPIC series.

So tell me your critiques, and who you voted for.

These are all incredible concepts, but is it really necessary to have a poll on this? Come on guys this scheme to use a poll to keep your thread at the top of the page is getting really old, really fast.

I honestly don't think that is what he meant to do.

Anyway, to the concepts...

I absolutely LOVE FSU. I like how you have your own version of the collar and sleeve detail. The other two are very nice as well, but I love what you have done for my Noles! ;)

All three are very nice. The attention to detail and the consistency throughout entire uniform sets really stands out. Miami looks great. You've created unique striping that is clearly in Miami's established style without being too over-the-top. No complaints at all, though I'd suggest adding some green pants.

FSU is beautiful. Great job converting the pro combat uni into a viable, clean, everyday uniform. My only complaint is the loss of white from the spear logo. I think it really needs the brightness of the white in there.

I think Florida is my favorite of the bunch. Love the updated white helmet, love the classic stripes with the modern touch of the gator pattern. Great work.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I like the FSU set the most. Although, the Alligator skin on the Florida jersey is really interesting. My problem with the Miami set is it looks too much like what they currently have and I'm not a big fan of their current uni. I like the white set because of the main piping resembling the logo, but the home and alternate set just doesn't work as well. Well done overall though.

JoseART

These are all very good. I love your UF and Miami designs.

Florida State is a pretty good design. I would suggest a gold outline on the numbers on the away set.

Also, where did you get the updated spear logo? I know RareDesigns made their official update but the little highlight on the ridge behind the arrowhead looks like my mock-up, as it is not present on the official logo.

Archived