Voting

goalieboy82

who are you voting for in nov?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If anyone else would rather not hear the voice of an American youth that will have to sign his draft card and be affected by these same issues in less than three years, please let me know and I'll stay out of topics like this. I'll stick to uniform design or ESPN talk or get lost entirely.

A draft card? as if we are going to reinstitute the draft.

I highly doubt that will happen we have enough great Americans willing to sign up for duty all by themselves I doubt we will need a draft any time soon.

I dont know where you get your information that makes you dislike our country so much Shmeke maybe its your teachers.

Let me let you in a little secret your teachers are not always right. Maybe I should direct you to some websites, where you could get a more balanced point of view seperate from the liberal drival your teachers spread.

Because if the idea of a draft is scaring you then simply you are being used by someone with an agenda.

Maybe I can even convert you we all can be converted after all I was a Ranger fan from 1985 until February, change can feel good.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Tank, I'm sorry if you're too old (imagine that, the tables have turned) to be concerned with Draft issues, but I'll point you toward two laws. One was passed in September 1982 and states that any male student 18 years of age MUST register for the military draft in order to receive financial aid from the government. Whoops...you were wrong, but that's okay, I forgive you.

We'll now turn to a bill that is currently waiting to be signed into law by your President. I say "your" because you seem to love him quite a bit, while I despise the man. I'll also note that I don't hate our country, I just dislike the government that is in place right now. Big difference, and you should get it straight before you decide that I hate this entire nation. I don't. Also, you spelled Shmee wrong again, but that's not the issue really. The issue is the Universal Nation Service Act of 2003 (You can follow that link to read the bill). It basically states, if you don't feel like reading through it, that any person between the ages of 18 and 26 may be inducted into the United States uniformed services for a period of two years. May not seem big to you, but I don't really like the idea of going to war, especially for a President that I didn't get to vote for. Bottom line is, the President can sign this Bill into law at any time. I'll be turning 16 when the election takes place in November, meaning that if Bush gets re-elected I'll have a two-year period where he could decide that some kid from Long Island would make a great soldier and I'll have nothing to do about it. Fun, eh? But you don't have to worry about that, because you're not 15. So much for the Draft not being reinstated.

As for my teachers, they're some of the finest, most patriotic people I know. And they don't usually like to talk politics with students anyway, so you're a bit off there, too.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I had to sign up for selective service in 1993 I looked forward to doing it I registered to vote on the same day.

You will NOT be drafted. Its possible yes, but there would have to be an act drawn up by congress, and that is not going to happen any time soon, since we have enough members of our all volunteer military.

A draft is unpopular, and I highly doubt anyone will be instuting the draft again we have enough volunteers.

You may not know this but at one time when you turned 18 you were given a lottery number and if your number was chosen you were drafted. This was done up until the 70's. This even happened in so-called peace time, that's how Elvis got drafted.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

in time of need for reasoning i always go back to the Simpsons:

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're

nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]

[audience gasps in terror]

Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about

it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.

[murmurs]

Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.

Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.

Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.

[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]

[Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Teachers do better with a Democrat in the office & control of the House & Senate.

Bush has had some good "days" overall - I give him an average to below average.

I hate his education plan; take money from Americans and spend it else where. Of course to have a strong defense you have to spend $ - but what about our problems here at home.

I think Bush is a strong leader but fails to listen to whats going on around him, he's got his own agenda. Kerry is listening to what's going on at home.

I want a strong defense, w/o hassling the rest of the world. We can't be the World police - let's get our country working again.

Kerry in 2004.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Teachers don't deserve jack. I know you are one, KC, but in reality the majority of teachers in america are kid-hating rooster addicts who don't give a :censored: about anything except their paycheck and vacation. Teachers are some of the scummiest people in America, with very few exceptions...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Teachers don't deserve jack. I know you are one, KC, but in reality the majority of teachers in america are kid-hating rooster addicts who don't give a :censored: about anything except their paycheck and vacation. Teachers are some of the scummiest people in America, with very few exceptions...

Hereby, following this exact message, ALL thinking people on the Chris Creamer Messsage borard, are now fully informed that the person in question, JQK, is completely and totally full of [mod] crap [/mod].

You are hereby to begin your opinion scrubbing, removing any ideal that is the same as his. If you do not, you risk becoming completely insane and inconsequential as JQK has JUST proven himself to be.

I have never heard such complete and utter moronicy in my whole 30 years. This is horrible, JQK. You should be ashmed, emarrassed, [mod] edit******** [/mod]

Good day, dear sir- [mod] edited [/mod]

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

We have a far right wing and a far left wing, without any middle.

And this is what's fundamentally wrong today - most Americans fall into that middle you speak of.

I'm there as well. I'm a moderate Republican - one who is progressive on social issues, but conservative on economic and military ones. I'm alienated by the Democrats, who I find myself siding with on some issues but whose leadership is far too liberal for me to switch. Meanwhile I'm alienated by my own party, who has gone way too far to the religious right. In fact, I'm viewed as an acronym in my own party - RINO. "Republican In Name Only."

What America needs is a third party. One that's moderate, one that's reflective of the views of its citizens as a whole. The Libertarian Party is close, but their stand on drugs (one of the hallmarks on which it was founded back in the '70's) prevents many people from registering.

It's too bad Ross Perot didn't stick with things back in '92. He could've changed the landscape forever...

nav-logo.png

Hereby, following this exact message, ALL thinking people on the Chris Creamer Messsage borard, are now fully informed that the person in question, JQK, is completely and totally full of shiot.

You are hereby to begin your opinion scrubbing, removing any ideal that is the same as his. If you do not, you risk becoming completely insane and inconsequential as JQK has JUST proven himself to be.

I have never heard such complete and utter moronicy in my whole 30 years. This is horrible, JQK. You should be ashmed, emarrassed,

Good day, dear sir- ...wait...

Go through my life and tell me they aren't.

And thanks for the personal insults,[mod] edit [/mod].

sB9ijEj.png

Hereby, following this exact message, ALL thinking people on the Chris Creamer Messsage borard, are now fully informed that the person in question, JQK, is completely and totally full of shiot.

I have never heard such complete and utter moronicy in my whole 30 years. This is horrible, JQK. You should be ashmed, emarrassed,

Good day, dear sir- ...wait... .

Go through my life and tell me they aren't.

And thanks for the personal insults, .

Well I have had some mean teachers who hate life, but the majority of teachers I have had, are the reason I want to be a 20th Century History teacher. I like to teach things to kids, whether it be the youth hockey coaching I've done for about 5 years, or history.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

History is my area, man. I love history. When i ditched school, i used to go to the library (i know it's lame, shut up) and just read history books.... i love history...

sB9ijEj.png

Well let start off by saying that I have been substitute teacher and my father is a teacher.

Their are both good and bad teachers. The true problem with teachers comes from the Teachers' Unions. They instead of looking out for teachers have become more concerned with being tools for the Democratic Party like many other unions sadly, while at times pushing a radical left wing agenda.

Teachers unions do not allow poor teachers to be fired, they fight against testing teachers weather they know their material or not. They are also against testing students fearful it would reflect badly on them. These are facts I know just by reading newsletters my dad recieves from the union.

One union in California endorsed a lesson plan that stated American Imperlism caused 9/11, so that tells you where their agenda is.

They do this regardless of how a majority of the teachers in the class room feel or vote.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I agree JQK, history is cool, but no offense, ditiching school isn't. My friend's cousin ditched school, and can barely find a job now. He lives im his parents basement, and said it was the worst decision he'll ever make in his life. I just don't wanna see nor do I like to see kids give up there life for what? To sleep in? Nope, their whole life.

what the hell is ccslc?

I finally got booted from school after they realized i hadn't been in school for months (library... god i'm a loser). Anyways, wen't, got my Good Enough Diploma, got into college, and am now working to get a degree in History and Broadcasting. I also have a job assisting teachers in a Residential Treatment Facility for troubled kids.

sB9ijEj.png

Ok, good. I thought maybe you were the kind of kid who says F*** school, it'll never help me, and college sucks and does nothing for you. But I was wrong which is good. Good luck with the history and broadcasting. :hockeysmiley:

BTW, what kind of kids do you have to work with? Kids who ditch school? Do drugs? etc...

what the hell is ccslc?

You have to be careful with broadcasting its a very shallow terrible cruel field that cares more about what you look on the outside or who you arer related to then what you know or can do.

I know from expierence sadly. I graduated in 2000 and it took me 4 years to finally find a steady job, which begins April 19th btw, when I become a court clerk in Newark.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

You have to be careful with broadcasting its a very shallow terrible cruel field that cares more about what you look on the outside or who you arer related to then what you know or can do.

I know from expierence sadly. I graduated in 2000 and it took me 4 years to finally find a steady job, which begins April 19th btw, when I become a court clerk in Newark.

I know what i'm getting into, Tanker. It is a very predatory field of work, but it's what i love to do. I'll either get a job in broadcasting or i won't, but it's not gonna keep me from trying.

sB9ijEj.png

I know what i'm getting into, Tanker. It is a very predatory field of work, but it's what i love to do. I'll either get a job in broadcasting or i won't, but it's not gonna keep me from trying.

Great attitude John, nobody or nothing can stop you from achieving your goals.

what the hell is ccslc?

Great attitude John, nobody or nothing can stop you from achieving your goals.

Except for communists! :) sorry, i had to

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived