Sign in to follow this  
Brass

Toronto Maple Leafs Concept

I introduced this concept in my botched 2009/10 NHL Redesign and it didn't get much attention, so I figured I would just bring it up as an individual concept. The jersey style itself is a hybrid of two different Toronto St. Pats designs:

StPats6.png

StPats1.png

I then decided to use the font that is prevalent in the Toronto Subway system:

toronto-subway.jpg

So without further ado, here is the concept.

TorontoThird.png

C&C welcome.

I like this. My first instinct is to say that the torso striping wouldn't work for the Leafs, it being the domain of the Habs. You made it work here though. The font is also a GREAT touch. At first glance it looks to simple, but when taken into context it's really nice. This jersey just seems to fit the city of Toronto. Very well done.

My only concern is that the striping not wrapping around may not work out if put into practice. Maybe try going with the current three layer Leafs numbers to make it work. Perhaps blue numbers on the white stripe with thick white outlines? If it works for the Blackhawks....

I'm loving that font that you used. Overall, it just seems like a simple design that works.

BUMP.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I think it would look nice if you make it look like the St.pats logo but put Toronto Maple Leafs on it. Arch the Toronto. and make it more Bold. Right now the T and the O and sitting in the armpits.