2009/2010 Bowl Series Signatures

CDixonDesign

Not a true gradient, but you may be able to achieve the same effect with just a simple gradient, using the second color the same color as the background, but you wouldn't visibly see the faux horizon line in the reflection....

Here's a few examples, showing what I think you've asked about:

Image Removed

As you can see, using a simple white shape with 50% opacity yields almost the same results as a substitute for using the Interactive Transparency Tool, but isn't perfect. Using the Interactive Transparency Tool makes the area between the top and horizon line softened, and more realistic. The gradient takes away from the background image too much, but either of the first two should work very well if you play with the setttings according to each background...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only Outback Bowl vector I could find, was within a .pdf of the seating chart, and was so incredibly large, that everytime I tried to import it within Corel, it would crash...

It was a pattern version of the logo, which is actually a textured image within the Boomerang, so when vectored it had many many parts:

outbackBowlLrg.gif

I suppose if you wanted to, I could recreate it without the Boomerang, or just the Boomerang as a single colored shape...

Not a true gradient, but you may be able to achieve the same effect with just a simple gradient, using the second color the same color as the background, but you wouldn't visibly see the faux horizon line in the reflection....

Here's a few examples, showing what I think you've asked about:

GelExamples.png

As you can see, using a simple white shape with 50% opacity yields almost the same results as a substitute for using the Interactive Transparency Tool, but isn't perfect. Using the Interactive Transparency Tool makes the area between the top and horizon line softened, and more realistic. The gradient takes away from the background image too much, but either of the first two should work very well if you play with the setttings according to each background...

Wow man, this is the first I've heard of the Interactive Transparency Tool, but you're right it's hard to duplicate, but there has to be a way in Photoshop! What if you used more of a grayish white, rather than a true white?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

To be honest, if you only have photoshop available, I would use a complete fill, and set the opacity to somewhere between 35-50% depending on the background color. It should achieve a gel effect but just won't have the softness. You could even use the erase tool and set the brush opacity very low, and take out some of the highlights....

I'm sure it's achieveable, just giving it a bit of practice, and messing around with a few things. I wouldn't think that giving it a gray fill would work well, it may give it a muddy look, but play around with it!...

To be honest, if you only have photoshop available, I would use a complete fill, and set the opacity to somewhere between 35-50% depending on the background color. It should achieve a gel effect but just won't have the softness. You could even use the erase tool and set the brush opacity very low, and take out some of the highlights....

I'm sure it's achieveable, just giving it a bit of practice, and messing around with a few things. I wouldn't think that giving it a gray fill would work well, it may give it a muddy look, but play around with it!...

You?re probably right, it?s just sort of a let down to find one of the few things you can?t achieve in Photoshop?.another being embroidery affects.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Already made up a sig for this myself but what about the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl? Also where would I put this to get it updated on the CCSL database? It still has it called the MPC Computers Bowl. They changed it back the the Humanitarian Bowl a couple of years ago and Roady's is sponsoring it until next year.

wdrmv_H-Bowl%20%285%29%20copy.jpg

2009 Roady's Humanitarian Bowl

Archived