'Reaction' Photos

BlueSky

Dug another one of my favorites out of my files, it's a 1994 photo from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. When I worked at AA doing special projects, one of the things we handled was sports charters, and sometimes we got pics and such like this. It's fans seeing off the Indians as they leave for the World Series.

Misc134-1.jpg

The Expos won the World Series in 1994 and never played the Indians. :D

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

untitledeq6.jpg

Kentucky fans rushing the field as LSU completes a very unlikely hail mary to win the game.

I can just imagine the feeling of getting the goal post down and turning around to find out your team lost.

IUe6Hvh.png

Dug another one of my favorites out of my files, it's a 1994 photo from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. When I worked at AA doing special projects, one of the things we handled was sports charters, and sometimes we got pics and such like this. It's fans seeing off the Indians as they leave for the World Series.

Misc134-1.jpg

The Expos won the World Series in 1994 and never played the Indians. :D

That was a typo, should have said '97.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The player reaction that always comes to mind is this one - the player in midair is former Winthrop basketball player DeAndre Adams, in the 2007 NCAA Tournament when Winthrop upset Notre Dame in the 1st round.

610x.jpg

DeAndre died 2 months later in a fatal car accident.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

img_01691.jpg

This is the game where Ocho claimed he was gonna do the Lambeau Leap after scoring a TD and I initially thought "that's pretty balsy of him to risk his career by possibly snapping a limb after the fans shove him back on to the field." Then he scored and looked specifically for the Bengals fans he planted in the front row. I'd enjoyed most his antics until then, but that was the moment I lost all respect for him... what a punk!

perhaps the newest classic!

I love the intensity of the guard pulling his best Jerry Bruckheimer bad action pose while the drunken idiot has the perfect gnarled face of intoxicated glee.

phillies-fan-taser.jpg

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Phillies are looking into further use of Taser guns after a police officer shocked a teenage fan who ran onto the field Monday.

The fan hopped a fence and scurried around the outfield, eluding two security officers late in the game against the St. Louis Cardinals. One officer used a Taser and the fan went down in a heap.

The Phillies say the police department is investigating the matter and discussing with the team whether it's appropriate use of force under similar circumstances.

The teams says it's the first time a Taser has been used by police to apprehend a spectator who ran onto the field. The Phillies say the fan was 17-year-old male and he will be charged with criminal trespass and related offenses.criminal trespass and related offenses.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I love the intensity of the guard pulling his best Jerry Bruckheimer bad action pose while the drunken idiot has the perfect gnarled face of intoxicated glee.

phillies-fan-taser.jpg

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Phillies are looking into further use of Taser guns after a police officer shocked a teenage fan who ran onto the field Monday.

The fan hopped a fence and scurried around the outfield, eluding two security officers late in the game against the St. Louis Cardinals. One officer used a Taser and the fan went down in a heap.

The Phillies say the police department is investigating the matter and discussing with the team whether it's appropriate use of force under similar circumstances.

The teams says it's the first time a Taser has been used by police to apprehend a spectator who ran onto the field. The Phillies say the fan was 17-year-old male and he will be charged with criminal trespass and related offenses.criminal trespass and related offenses.

They didn't say if he was drunk - he was 17, and they're pretty good about not serving underagers in CBP. He could easily have been drunk from tailgating though, but none of the stories confirmed that. Judging by his overall look, it's just as likely that he's simply an idiot.

Imagine as a parent having this picture of your kid in every newspaper and on every website. I'd taser myself if I saw this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

phillies-fan-taser.jpg

They didn't say if he was drunk - he was 17, and they're pretty good about not serving underagers in CBP. He could easily have been drunk from tailgating though, but none of the stories confirmed that. Judging by his overall look, it's just as likely that he's simply an idiot.

Imagine as a parent having this picture of your kid in every newspaper and on every website. I'd taser myself if I saw this.

Turns out he was totally sober, and actually phoned his dad to let him know he was going to do it. The dad claims to have told him it was a bad idea, and is horribly embarrassed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OK, so it's gone from reactions to "post photos of wacky plays that happened."

Wow, that's an amazing shot.

OK, so it's gone from reactions to "post photos of wacky plays that happened."

It's not really a "wacky play" per say; more so a Championship Series altering play. Heading into Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS, the Cubs were up three games to two over the Marlins. At that point of time in the game, I believe it was the top of the eight inning, the Cubs were leading 3-0. When the foul ball was hit by the Florida Marlin player (forgot his name) and Moises Alou attempted to catch it, a fan, Steve Bartman, touched the baseball, and disrupted Alou's chances of getting the second out of the inning, thus moving the Cubs closer to a spot in the 2003 World Series. Instead, the Marlins were given new life, scored eight runs that inning, thus winning Game 6, went on to win Game 7, and advanced to beat the Yankees in the 2003 World Series.

Also, how often does the ball of such an improbable sporting event get blown up?

Right... but if you'd posted a picture of Alou's reaction to it, then it would have fit the thread more.

How so? I believe the intent of the thread was to post fan's reactions to a play.

Well that's not really a reaction, it's the actual action. Get a picture of the fans next to him reacting in anger or disbelief once they realize what he did, or get a picture of Alou with an angry look on his face, or get bartman facepalming himself... that's a reaction.

Archived