Arkport Central Blue Jays

Stefan B

Hey guys,

This is my first concept that I've posted, and would really love some C&C!

My father recently called me and said a High School near our hometown was looking for a design for their Boys Basketball team for some t-shirts. I one upped it and told him to tell them I'd completely redesign a logo for them

bluejays1.jpg

I'm having the most trouble with the back wing/tail feathers (insert "shake your tail feather" joke here)

What does everyone think?

Also wanted to see what people though of this layout as compared to the other one

bluejays2.jpg

Thanks guys, really looking forward to feedback!

Stefan

pnxsig.jpg

Hey guys,

This is my first concept that I've posted, and would really love some C&C!

My father recently called me and said a High School near our hometown was looking for a design for their Boys Basketball team for some t-shirts. I one upped it and told him to tell them I'd completely redesign a logo for them

bluejays1.jpg

I'm having the most trouble with the back wing/tail feathers (insert "shake your tail feather" joke here)

What does everyone think?

Also wanted to see what people though of this layout as compared to the other one

bluejays2.jpg

Thanks guys, really looking forward to feedback!

Stefan

oh. my. god. do you know what you just did? :o

you upgraded the toronto blue jays logo. well played sir. :blues:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

oh. my. god. do you know what you just did? :o

you upgraded the toronto blue jays logo. well played sir. :blues:

Killing two birds, er, blue jays, with one stone?!

Nole I really like the idea of using the sharp lines for the feathers in the wings. I'm going to have to try that!

pnxsig.jpg

This is wonderful. That's a pretty mean looking bird! The wordmark could be improved a little. Maybe incorporate shapes similar to the white shapes on the head. Layout number 2 is outstanding. Welcome aboard.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

UPDATE #1

bluejays3s.jpg

Moved the wing back and removed the accent line to make it look like it was behind the bird

Turned the type back to forward. Felt it was too distracting at the angle it was at with the way the illustration is set up. Plus the school would be more likely to want it dead on too.

Since I already used 2 bad puns in this, might as well use another:

I kind of "winged it" ( <_< ) and added the same style feathers to the back wing and tail feather. Looks much better than the solid blue, but still not quite what I'm looking for. Definitely going to keep working on it since I'm such a perfectionist with certain things

pnxsig.jpg

i really like this. my only thing would be to move the white outline around the wordmark to the back on the secondary, so it is behind the word rather than in front. that way they wordmark the bluejay wont look like 2 separate logos just placed together and will be more unified. other than that this school is going to have a nice nice logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived