1st Annual Ccslc Awards!

Steve-O

Just my opinion on this...

We need to slow down if we're gonna do this for real. I think nominating people is a much more reasonable idea, because let's think about it. There might be 30 people that vote for "Best Original Logo" and there have been hundreds of those. All 30 could end up voting for a different logo, or even still, the winner might get four votes and still win.

I think we need to organize this a little more calmly, Steve. We need to get some nominees first.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm not really sure. Coming up with 5 nominees for each category is going to take a while, and I think would require many opinions, especially when dealing with logos and designers themselves. I can help out, but I don't want to be the only one nominating people. I don't really know what to suggest as far as that goes. Maybe just hold a free-for-all vote, then take the top 5 vote-getters from that FFA vote?

Well I'm not really sure. Coming up with 5 nominees for each category is going to take a while, and I think would require many opinions, especially when dealing with logos and designers themselves. I can help out, but I don't want to be the only one nominating people. I don't really know what to suggest as far as that goes. Maybe just hold a free-for-all vote, then take the top 5 vote-getters from that FFA vote?

This, i agree with.. a free-for-all vote, and top 5 or even, top three if there is a large break in vote getters, are then the nominees to be put up for a vote.

-----------------------------------------------

Why is fantasy a horrible, horribly bad idea for these awards? Because fantasy performance or quality is only known by the 11 or 9 guys you share a league with. No one else. See, I am on this board all the time, know a LOT about the designers, their comments, their personalities, their skills. But do you knwo what I know about the UBL or the IHL? abosultely jack sheeyat. The only people who know anythign about that, are the teams in it. So, while we have about, i'd guess, 100-150 active posters who know a bit about the board, read all the posts, and keep up with what we all do, there are 10 who know anything about any one fantasy league.

This is my arguement, and to steal a line, ...I might be wrong.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Great idea. The people who want to put the thought and effort into submitting nominees get to do so and then the community at large can vote on what got the most suggestions.

This, i agree with.. a free-for-all vote, and top 5 or even, top three if there is a large break in vote getters, are then the nominees to be put up for a vote.

Why is fantasy a horrible, horribly bad idea for these awards? Because fantasy performance or quality is only known by the 11 or 9 guys you share a league with. No one else. See, I am on this board all the time, know a LOT about the designers, their comments, their personalities, their skills. But do you knwo what I know about the UBL or the IHL? abosultely jack sheeyat. The only people who know anythign about that, are the teams in it. So, while we have about, i'd guess, 100-150 active posters who know a bit about the board, read all the posts, and keep up with what we all do, there are 10 who know anything about any one fantasy league.

yes, i agree.

yes, i agree.

I think the category should stay - not every category might be applicable to every community member, but those categories do mean something to the people who participate in fantasy sports. It's kind of like the Oscars for best lighting and sound.

The difference is, in the Oscars LIghting and Sound, when EVERYONE watches the movie, they see lioghting and sound. When I see this board, I do not see fantasy.

10 or 12 people in each league should not nominate a whole category, much less three whole categories. Fantasy sports are not that big a part of this board, as is evidenced by the page's view totals, seasonality, and low members.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Most humorous

And the biggest award of the night: Most Wanted to have a Beer with (smoothy, or coffee or somehting for those underage)

These are so mine :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

How about the most impudent?

Most profane member?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

How about the most impudent?

Most profane member?

I call dibbs on profane.

Then i'm trying for a close second.

plop fluff rooster damn hell ass bitch damn roostersucker motherfluffer and balls.

That's gonna look pretty fluffed when the censor gets through with it :D

**edit** I went back and manually typed in roostersucker. Cuz of the kids :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

User with most avatar changes

User whose name references most obscure Beck song reference

User who most lives in Holly Springs, GA

User who has most Dave Chappelle avatars

User who engages cuss word auto-editor most often

User who engages NJTank edit most often

User with best obscure 90's goalie reference

User who gets in most arguements

User who you'd most like to kick in the kidneys repeatedly untill he/she/robot pees blood red

User who most likely has the biggest rooster

User who has the most kids

User who does the least at work because of this damn website

ΓΔΒ!

User who you'd most like to kick in the kidneys repeatedly untill he/she/robot pees blood red

User who most likely has the biggest rooster

User who has the most kids

User who does the least at work because of this damn website

That's ****in' hilarious, especially "biggest rooster"

Hahaha... :D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived