Bmac's NHL Project

Bmac

Over the past few months, I have been working on an NHL project. I am taking each team and fixing their look to make it better. Almost every team has something to change, whether it be new primary jerseys, a new alternate, or a new set of logos. I will be unveiling them fairly often to try and get them all released. Teams will be unveiled in a random order to make things a little more interesting. Enjoy the project!

Completed teams: Canadiens (page 1), Islanders (page 1), Maple Leafs (page 2), Stars (page 2), Avalanche (page 3)

We start with the Montreal Canadiens. Here is what the Habs currently wear. For the Canadiens, I kept things classic, altering the road uniform. It is a mix of their current road jerseys and their old 1944-1947 road jerseys. For an alternate jersey, the barberpole has been "EDGE-ified". It features a new logo, an idea coming from the old Maroons logo and the old Canadiens logo. This new logo is also featured on the pants. The home jersey features slight modifications such as a tie up collar and wider stripes to match the road jersey.

canadienscolors.png

canadienshome.png

canadiensroad.png

canadiensalternate.png

C+C as always.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the road jersey, switch the colour of the waist and sleeve stripes. So red is the dominant colour.

And lose the yoke. It's just too much colour for a white jersey right now.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Mine's a boring opinion I know, but it would have to be #2. Us Montreal fans are a crazy bunch and would not accept something entirely new. #2 has been done before, this version is just more modern...We would be agreeable to such a design.

Not being a Habs fan myself, but knowing many Habs fans, I'd have to second what Stormo just said.

Those are the jerseys the Habs used to wear in the '40's. I think they're pretty nifty.

thecatch.jpg

Time now for the New York Islanders. Here is what they currently wear. The Islanders are currently in a "going retro" mode, only they have not yet made the big jump to full time retro (logos and road jersey). I took the retro look and attempted to modernize it slightly. It features a new template and some new/modified logos. The road jersey is very similar to their current 3rd, with navy added as an accent color. The road jersey matches the home. The alternate jersey is orange with a new design. It features a new version of the old logo.

islanderslogos-1.png

islandershome.png

islandersroad.png

islandersalternate.png

If you're going to have Royal Blue as the main color on the uniforms, you need to make the inner circle of the logo needs to be the same color, or vice versa.

Otherwise, it looks out of place.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I like the idea of the logo on the orange sweater the NY and the island without the Islanders script looks awesome!

However, I could not imagine watching those in action. With apologies to Flyers fan I can't stand orange as the main colour of a sweater..

I like the first red Montreal jersey, and the white Montreal with the blue stripes W/O the red shoulder yoke. And for the Islanders, i think they have to lose the Long Island outline completley. They all look nicley done though.

- On a completley different note. I just became a member here last week, so i could post my concepts and stuff. But it will not let me start a new topic. The button to start a new topic won't let me click it. Anyone know what the problem might be? Or am I just doing something completley wrong? Please help if you can. Thanks, Gary.

*Sorry about posting this here, but i didn't know where else to put it where i might get help.*

I like the first red Montreal jersey, and the white Montreal with the blue stripes W/O the red shoulder yoke. And for the Islanders, i think they have to lose the Long Island outline completley. They all look nicley done though.

- On a completley different note. I just became a member here last week, so i could post my concepts and stuff. But it will not let me start a new topic. The button to start a new topic won't let me click it. Anyone know what the problem might be? Or am I just doing something completley wrong? Please help if you can. Thanks, Gary.

*Sorry about posting this here, but i didn't know where else to put it where i might get help.*

I think you have to have at least 2 posts, possibly more. Hope that helps. And thanks for the input.

Archived