Bmac's NHL Project

Bmac

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally, time for the next team. I have been pretty busy lately, but I recently found some time to continue this series. Time for the Colorado Avalanche. This set was made like 3 months ago, so I recently redid the whole thing. IMO, the Avs current set is absolutely horrid. So, with exception of the 3rd jersey, I completely started over in terms of a template. I originally made the first version of this template a long time ago for my 3rd jersey project, but modified it to fit the Avs colors better. Black is completely gone from the color set, with silver and blue being used much more. The home and road use the new template, with the alt being similar to their current 3rd, with a few changes to colors and stripes.

avslogos.png

avshome.png

avsroad.png

avsalternate-1.png

C+C please!

I didn't want to be 'that guy" who asks when the series will return, but I almost did yesterday. Been enjoying your work so far.

All that said, the Avalanche update is not that exciting. I prefer the striping you did compared to the real thing, but everything else remains too close to the real thing.

Why the Avalanche have not come out with a Bigfoot sweater remains a mystery to me.

I'd like to see a template closer to their pre-Edge one. That was solid and original, in my eyes, unlike their current uninspired version.

That said, I like that you got rid of black (which made zero sense whatsoever to begin with), but I don't understand why you felt the need to use silver armpits on the alternate. Maybe it'd look good in action, but I just can't imagine it looking anything but amateur in my head.

With your red sweaters, it might match better if you made the bottom blue stripe on the socks continue all the way to the bottom (thus eliminating the maroon at the bottom). But that's just an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. ;)

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

It's definitely an interesting color combo you have going on in that Avs concept. Depending on how much lighting is around me, sometimes the maroon appears purpleish. I like how it's different from the current Avs color scheme, but perhaps a slight adjustment colorwise might make it even better. I like the home and road and I especially love the alternate jersey. It is a major improuvment over what was released as the current alt. Good job.

Concerning previous concepts, another one that I like alot would be the Dallas Stars alternate.

As an Avs fan, I hate the current 3rd jersey. Should've went with the Yeti foot logo instead.

If you do give the big foot logo a try, which I suggest you don't, use a style similar to the pre-edge era, kind of a jagged look.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Archived