Does anyone prefer the older NBC logo?

Quillz

I like the n logo without the peacock i think they should do an updated version of that and dump the peacock.

They recently introduced a similar style for many of their major affiliates.

NBC New York

cityName_ny.gif

NBC Washington

cityName_dc.gif

NBC Chicago

cityName_chi.gif

NBC Los Angeles

cityName_la.gif

NBC Miami

cityName_ami.gif

NBC Dallas-Forth Worth

cityName_dfw.gif

NBC Philadelphia

cityName_phi.gif

i HATE tho that the web adresses are much longer now

nbc10.com is now nbcphiladelphia.com

like i wanna type all those letters, luckily nba10 redirects to nbcphiladelphia.com

G-E-C that's a cool fact. Now my question is, did this just start recently, or has the chime been there forever while I've been oblivious?

To comment on the thread topic, I like the new logo. The primary colours work for me.

Um, that. I believe it's been around since the radio days because of course back then you couldn't see the peacock so they used the chime as their aural 'logo'. Now they may have discontinued using it on TV for some period of time but it's been around forever.

I was going for the last part of your answer...whether they were using it on TV all along. If it's been recently reintroduced, I'm not losing my marbles. If it's always been there, they have certainly stepped it up.

NBC introduced the peacock logo when they started broadcasting in color.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

NBC introduced the peacock logo when they started broadcasting in color.

Totally makes sense! thicon_biggrin.gif

My opinion on the logo itself is that its fine the way it is. It?s a classic well known logo that?s not too detailed or too simplistic for TV standards; it seems to be well proportioned to the point where it looks good at any size!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

The chimes have nothing to do with General Electric; the shared initials are just a coincidence. General Electric did not own NBC outright until 1986, while the three-note chimes date back to the radio days (1932).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBC_chimes

I knew GE didn't have full ownership of NBC until sometime in the 80s or 90s, but I could've sworn they had a stake in the network going back to its radio days.

Archived