Oregon Ducks Rose Bowl Helmet

nugent4president

From the official Ohio State Buckeyes team shop comes this t-shirt:

FF_400662ALT2_xl.jpg

Dear God, they are changing again...or are they? All the other shirts/hoodies seem to have the standard green helmet design.

All merchandise on the Oregon team website also have the green helmet with the yellow 'O' design.

Does anyone have any information on this?

ducks-large.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the official Ohio State Buckeyes team shop comes this t-shirt:

FF_400662ALT2_xl.jpg

Dear God, they are changing again...or are they? All the other shirts/hoodies seem to have the standard green helmet design.

All merchandise on the Oregon team website also have the green helmet with the yellow 'O' design.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Probably just didn't want to pay the licensing fees to use their official logo. If they were going to do something special, there's no way Nike would put something like that out there. I'm guessing if they do anything special, it'll be way over the top.

Nike owns the rights to Oregon's logo so im assuming that shirt isnt made by nike or they didnt bother to pay nike to use the logo

This.

In fact all of the Rose Bowl gear is pretty lame this year. The only decent stuff has fake logos and the ones with real logos just suck

I know it would never show up as the helmet logo, but I like the use of Donald holding a rose:

2728864.jpg

You know, Disney copyrights aside, if you're going to be called the Ducks, then you can't have a better mascot (or logo) any better than Donald; he's friendly-looking enough for the kiddies, yet (traditionally speaking) carries the attitude and temper that can strike fear into just about anybody. I say bring back Donald for the main display (not helmet) logo, but Disney and Nike are probably more concerned about the $$$ to let it happen.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

they should just do what purdue did during drew brees' senior year, put a rose in the "O".

purdue01helmet_rosebowl.JPG

yeah i loved those from the 'Makers...great opportunity for Oregon to make yet another piece of equipment.

Let's not forget that Washington State did this as well (twice actually, in 98 and 03).

I know it would never show up as the helmet logo, but I like the use of Donald holding a rose:

You know, Disney copyrights aside, if you're going to be called the Ducks, then you can't have a better mascot (or logo) any better than Donald; he's friendly-looking enough for the kiddies, yet (traditionally speaking) carries the attitude and temper that can strike fear into just about anybody. I say bring back Donald for the main display (not helmet) logo, but Disney and Nike are probably more concerned about the $$$ to let it happen.

Actually we call our mascot Puddles, not Donald. I agree though, I love the Duck, and the guys they get to be in the suit are pretty cool too. Every chance I get to high five the Duck I do it haha.

14763_165982704585_566489585_2637946_2132482_n.jpg

2728864.jpg

Oregon should use that logo because for one its awesome and because they game is in Southern California near Disney Land so it gives the area they are playing in props

raiders-2.png

More than likely not a Nike shirt, therefore no "O" logo and this was used as a generic placeholder.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived