NFC North Pro-combat

dmhtfld

Its very good, and I applaude trying to make a concept for the packers. THe thing that is bothering me is the gold. It looks really really washed out. I think LSU did a great job of using a bold, but not yellow gold. I say you try to use the same gold, it turned out great. it would certainly work here

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Its very good, and I applaude trying to make a concept for the packers. THe thing that is bothering me is the gold. It looks really really washed out. I think LSU did a great job of using a bold, but not yellow gold. I say you try to use the same gold, it turned out great. it would certainly work here

do you have an image of just that flat color that i could use

do you have an image of just that flat color that i could use

Unfortunately, no. There are a lot of pictures of the uni set floating around the Pro Combat thread though, which would help

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

It's a pretty sweet concept but I doubt we'll ever see the day that the pro combat uni's make it onto an NFL field, and it's got nothing to do with the Reebok deal. The NFL are savvy enough to realise they have one of the best TV sports in the world going on and as such have various rules and regulations in the books based purely on the fact that the game is televised, TV timeouts, injury timeouts (cut away from what can often be pretty nasty injuries and sell you stuff at the same time! Genius) and but the most important in respect the Pro-Combat issue is TV numbers on uniforms.

They are mandatory, the NFL polices uniforms harder than any league in the world players are fined every week over sock length for crying out loud, and that doesn't affect the ease with which people can follow the game on TV (or in the stadium), but TV numbers do. Having followed NFLE since it's inception I can say first hand that the lack of shoulder numbers (removed in favour of sponsorship patches) made trying to figure out who was in on a tackle or down injured really tricky at times.

The fly-wire (or whatever they are calling the stuff on the shoulders) all but eliminates the possibility of TV numbers there and with many teams moving numbers up there as sleeves get shorter it all but renders the uniform useless in the NFL.

Nice concept, but doubt we'll ever see something on that template in the NFL.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

It's a pretty sweet concept but I doubt we'll ever see the day that the pro combat uni's make it onto an NFL field, and it's got nothing to do with the Reebok deal. The NFL are savvy enough to realise they have one of the best TV sports in the world going on and as such have various rules and regulations in the books based purely on the fact that the game is televised, TV timeouts, injury timeouts (cut away from what can often be pretty nasty injuries and sell you stuff at the same time! Genius) and but the most important in respect the Pro-Combat issue is TV numbers on uniforms.

They are mandatory, the NFL polices uniforms harder than any league in the world players are fined every week over sock length for crying out loud, and that doesn't affect the ease with which people can follow the game on TV (or in the stadium), but TV numbers do. Having followed NFLE since it's inception I can say first hand that the lack of shoulder numbers (removed in favour of sponsorship patches) made trying to figure out who was in on a tackle or down injured really tricky at times.

The fly-wire (or whatever they are calling the stuff on the shoulders) all but eliminates the possibility of TV numbers there and with many teams moving numbers up there as sleeves get shorter it all but renders the uniform useless in the NFL.

Nice concept, but doubt we'll ever see something on that template in the NFL.

9erssteve

well yeah but not all concepts are meant to be realistic

i like the idea of the helmet, but not the look. Id do a black helmet with white horn. and do something like the actual pro combat where they added new colors and made a theme. Idont know if BLACK OUT would be the best theme for the vikings but its an idea

I like detroit's black, i think it really makes them actually look fierce and not like the crappy team they are

I agree, they look really good in those black jerseys.

Great job on them.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

cheese gold > pewter. other than that, solid gb.

VIkings looks odd, the helmet...something about the helmet, and the yellow alternate.

Lions helmet looks great (without the blue visor), i like your take on back overtaking silver as the secondary to honolulu blue

interesting all around

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Archived