Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

If you really think the C-USA is that much lower than the MWC. you're either: confusing the Sun Belt with C-USA or completely ignoring the MWC that exists below Boise and TCU.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

SDSU and AFA would job any C-USA squad, home or away.

Wyoming or Colorado ST could either sneak out a win or play very well with the top C-USA teams, home or away

Yeah, UNLV and New Mexico blow. Every conference has there dog teams

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

SDSU and AFA would job any C-USA squad, home or away.

Wyoming or Colorado ST could either sneak out a win or play very well with the top C-USA teams, home or away

Yeah, UNLV and New Mexico blow. Every conference has there dog teams

No they wouldn't.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That was a given. No one was sure WHEN it would happen, but everyone knew it WOULD happen. The real Breaking News is going to be who joins them to make 14. I don't think the SEC is trying to stay at 13 teams, at least not for long.

I don't think this is the big domino though. The big domino is going to be the school that decides to jump ship and be the 14th member in the SEC. Once the 14th school is confirmed, or at least unofficially officially confirmed, then there will be a lot more shuffling and maneuvering.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

From what I'm reading on Twitter, looks like BYU, Cincy, Louisville, Weat Virginia and TCU may have offers to join the Big XII. Though it also says that while some of the conference schools want TCU, the Texas schools, led by UT, don't. BYU and Louisville appear to be the most discussed schools. There's a chance they could add to get 12, or just 10 for now an add more later. Mizzou to the SEC appears to still be very much in play as well.

But what about Texas football? I thought it was special Baylor.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

From what I'm reading on Twitter, looks like BYU, Cincy, Louisville, Weat Virginia and TCU may have offers to join the Big XII. Though it also says that while some of the conference schools want TCU, the Texas schools, led by UT, don't. BYU and Louisville appear to be the most discussed schools. There's a chance they could add to get 12, or just 10 for now an add more later. Mizzou to the SEC appears to still be very much in play as well.

I just don't know how reliable Twitter is at this point. There have been rumors from all over Twitter that people quote and claim to be credible sources. Until more established websites or organizations produce some sort of story on it or have some sort of confirmation from the higher-ups within the school in question, then it is pretty much hear-say.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

So since Big XII saved themselves from doomsday, they're looking to decimate another conference. That's pretty thoughtful.

I just don't know how reliable Twitter is at this point. There have been rumors from all over Twitter that people quote and claim to be credible sources. Until more established websites or organizations produce some sort of story on it or have some sort of confirmation from the higher-ups within the school in question, then it is pretty much hear-say.

Some of the guys I follow that report on the Big XII are a lot more reliable than espn. Espn reported that OU's and Mizzou's press conferences last week were both committing to the Big XII. But Mizzou did no such thing. They said they weren't committing to anything and would continue to look at was best for the school. Said the SEC or any other conference was not out of the question. ESPN just took OU's press conference and automatically assumed it applied to everyone without following up or checking on anything else. There were a number of different people on Twitter, who were AT the Mizzou press conference, tweeting what was actually going on. So for now, I'll look to those guys for updates.

So since Big XII saved themselves from doomsday, they're looking to decimate another conference. That's pretty thoughtful.

What conference? The Big East is about decimated anyway. The Big XII is giving them a chance to save themselves before they wind up in Conference USA or worse.

Some of the guys I follow that report on the Big XII are a lot more reliable than espn. Espn reported that OU's and Mizzou's press conferences last week were both committing to the Big XII. But Mizzou did no such thing. They said they weren't committing to anything and would continue to look at was best for the school. Said the SEC or any other conference was not out of the question. ESPN just took OU's press conference and automatically assumed it applied to everyone without following up or checking on anything else. There were a number of different people on Twitter, who were AT the Mizzou press conference, tweeting what was actually going on. So for now, I'll look to those guys for updates.

This is exactly how I feel on the whole thing. The person that I've been talking with that's close to the Big XII situation has been a lot more accurate than anything ESPN's reported on. ESPN has been too busy making assumptions or wishful thinking in their reporting.

What conference? The Big East is about decimated anyway. The Big XII is giving them a chance to save themselves before they wind up in Conference USA or worse.

Oh I know and I understand what the Big XII is doing. I was just being facetious.

This is exactly how I feel on the whole thing. The person that I've been talking with that's close to the Big XII situation has been a lot more accurate than anything ESPN's reported on. ESPN has been too busy making assumptions or wishful thinking in their reporting.

Oh I know and I understand what the Big XII is doing. I was just being facetious.

Who have you been talking to on Twitter regarding the Big XII?

I don't use Twitter. A family friend has been the one keeping me up to date on everything. I don't know his exact ties to the Big XII, but all his information has been pretty accurate. He's the one that told me the exact day A&M was leaving the Big XII, the whole Oklahoma/Texas, and then told me Missouri's situation 12 hours before ESPN reported on them becoming the SEC's 14th team.

I don't use Twitter. A family friend has been the one keeping me up to date on everything. I don't know his exact ties to the Big XII, but all his information has been pretty accurate. He's the one that told me the exact day A&M was leaving the Big XII, the whole Oklahoma/Texas, and then told me Missouri's situation 12 hours before ESPN reported on them becoming the SEC's 14th team.

So is it becoming increasingly probable that Mizzou is going to the SEC with Texas A&M?

...if not with them, but shortly thereafter.

So is it becoming increasingly probable that Mizzou is going to the SEC with Texas A&M?

...if not with them, but shortly thereafter.

As Mizzou said, it's what they feel is best for them. The SEC wants Missouri, but once again they're not going to be aggressive about it. They're treating them just like they treated A&M. From my understanding, Missouri was teeter-tottering before OU/UT tried to bolt to the Pac 12 and then after that, they felt deserted and realized their best efforts aren't in the Big XII. The Big XII is now going about their business as if Missouri will not be a part of their conference in 2012.

If I had to guess, nothing will be announced till the Big XII has a team lined up to replace them with.

Actually, the new interim Commissioner of the Big XII thinks Mizzou will stay. Wishful denial. They're operating as if they'll stay, though their expansion options are enough that they could fill the spot relatively easily if Mizzou does leave. Seems the vast majority of Mizzou fans want them to go to the SEC.

Excited to become a middle of the pack team in the SEC West? I understand they'll be competing for the SEC Championship in basketball, but it's going to take time for them to even become a top 3 team in the west in football. But, I think overall the move is good.

I'm all for it as well, especially since it means I'll only have to drive 5 hours to see LSU play every other year versus the 9 hours I'll be driving on the 14th to Knoxville.

Who's the better commissioner? Beebe or Marinatto? I say Beebe simply because he realized he was killing the Big XII and instead of completely sinking the ship, he stepped aside and let someone try to save it.

If Marinatto had any inkling of what he was doing we'd at least be hearing about some invites right now.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football