Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

I know he let it get that bad but that's moot since Marinatto let the Big East get this bad. Beebe stepped down (although he was force a bit) Marinatto is still brown nosing the basketball schools and completely ignoring football and his conference's fate. Advantage: Beebe.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Beebe stepped aside because Oklahoma said they would only stay if he was gone. There was no falling on his sword or being the stand up, what's best for the conference, guy. They wanted him out, and publicly, and he realized he was done. And no, he was not very good. He was Texas's biotch. That's why this mess started in the first place.

I understand that completely I just hate Marinatto. Why can't the Big East have an Oklahoma?

They did. Oklahoma then went and joined the ACC.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I understand that completely I just hate Marinatto. Why can't the Big East have an Oklahoma?

They did. Oklahoma then went and joined the ACC.

Twice over.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The SEC isn't "actively" looking for a 14th team. That goes for Missouri or any other team. However, that's not saying they'd deny Missouri or any one of those teams if they applied. Atleast, that's how an official from the SEC would answer it. But to answer your question, no it's not Missouri or bust. The SEC is very much interested in Mizzou, but if that doesn't work out, they are looking for a 14th school. If worse comes to worse, they settle on 13 for 2012.

Just curious. I know when the initial rumors broke about two weeks ago, it was that the SEC had extended an invite to Texas A&M, Clemson, Florida State, and Miami. It is reminiscent of last year when the Big 10 expansion rumors broke. Multiple sources were stating that Nebraska, Mizzou, Notre Dame and Rutgers all received Big 10 invites. In the end, Nebraska was the only school that jumped. Now with the SEC, it seems Texas A&M is the only school that has jumped to this point.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding because there seems to be a lot of similarities with every new expansion story.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

From my understanding, Florida will never allow FSU into the SEC and South Carolina will never allow Clemson. After Syracuse and Pittsburgh jumped ship to the ACC, FSU also committed their allegiance to the ACC. Not that that means anything. I can't really see Miami coming to the SEC with everything that happened there, but then again, I haven't really followed that story since it broke. I'd say right now Mizzou is the best bet unless they see greener grass somewhere else.

I never heard a rumor of Miami being offered. Any mention of Miami was from Miami fans who were delusional thinking the SEC wanted a program that can't even fill a 75K stadium and is potentially about to be raped/made an example of by the NCAA.

I think you maybe confused because the main 16-team SEC rumor was Texas A&M, Mizzou, FSU, and Clemson.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

From my understanding, Florida will never allow FSU into the SEC and South Carolina will never allow Clemson. After Syracuse and Pittsburgh jumped ship to the ACC, FSU also committed their allegiance to the ACC. Not that that means anything. I can't really see Miami coming to the SEC with everything that happened there, but then again, I haven't really followed that story since it broke. I'd say right now Mizzou is the best bet unless they see greener grass somewhere else.

Florida State and Maryland also talked the ACC's raised buyout fee from $34 million down to $20 million. Make of that what you will.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What's wrong with BYU?

Now if BYU told the Big XII "Piss off Laddie", then there'd be trouble.

Today, we are all otaku.

What's wrong with BYU?

Nothing, but the fact that that's there first team they approach tells you something. Plus, BYU is almost certainly going to stay indy, so it's pretty fruitless really.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

What's wrong with BYU?

Nothing, but the fact that that's there first team they approach tells you something. Plus, BYU is almost certainly going to stay indy, so it's pretty fruitless really.

Well who else are they going to approach? Technically the first team they approached was Arkansas and Arkansas told them to get lost. BYU is good academically and athletically. BYU's biggest problem is not playing on Sundays and it's been noted before the Big XII won't make them do that. Other than that, I really don't see who you'd have them approach first. SMU? Houston? Please.

What's wrong with BYU?

Well who else are they going to approach? Technically the first team they approached was Arkansas and Arkansas told them to get lost. BYU is good academically and athletically. BYU's biggest problem is not playing on Sundays and it's been noted before the Big XII won't make them do that. Other than that, I really don't see who you'd have them approach first. SMU? Houston? Please.

And that's my point. It's just another example of oh how the mighty have fallen, when the Big XII's only option is BYU. They are even willing to overlook the fact that they don't play on Sundays, one of the major reasons the Pac-12 has repeatedly turned them down, and not expressed interest in them.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Another reason why BYU doesn't get BCS-conference consideration:

And maybe former BYU football coach LaVell Edwards offered the best perspective on the the lifestyle and attitudes of his school's followers when he said: "We used to go to the Holiday Bowl and our fans would bring a $50 dollar bill and the Ten Commandments, and break neither."

From http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/03/brandon-davies-girlfriend-byu-jim-mcmahon-/1